• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CE3000-60 cutting issues

Kemble

Did a few searches and tried all the things from the results. Nothing working so far.

My circles are not closing, smaller squares don’t close and tear the material in some places.

Machine is 13 years old, runs 2-3 hours a day 6 days a week. Only thing I have ever needed to replace were blades and Teflon strip.

Was cutting just fine yesterday, today I’m getting this. Cutting the same on chrome material and oracal 651.

I have taken the dust cover off, used nearly an entire can of air to clean out all the moving parts (was not dirty to begin with), put down new Teflon strip, have tested 3 different brand new blades, disassembled blue blade holder and cleaned it out with air, moved berrings freely with a needle to see if they were jammed. Cleaned pinch rollers and the side to side rollers (and track) that the head uses to guide it side to side. Cut speed down to 1/2 my normal speed as well as tested every offset from -5 to +5 (always run at 0).

I am all out of troubleshooting ideas, hence coming to the forums to see if I could find an answer. Nothing I have read has helped.

Is it time to replace some parts? If so what parts?

Like I said, machine was cutting perfectly yesterday, today it’s acting like it has a hangover or something.

Included 2 picks, one is through a 10x loom to try to get a good close up.

Attachments

• 41AC6129-3213-4EF1-97BD-A23844371B4C.jpeg
    41AC6129-3213-4EF1-97BD-A23844371B4C.jpeg
    1,000.9 KB · Views: 361
  • 9FEC92EE-B1AD-45B4-9D33-8DA4B9F1EA45.jpeg
    9FEC92EE-B1AD-45B4-9D33-8DA4B9F1EA45.jpeg
    794.4 KB · Views: 368

Kemble

Carriage does not wobble at all, it's as stiff as a board. Forgot to mention that as that has been an issue in the past. Blade holder assembly never been replaced, still factory original. Think that could be the problem?

Joe House

I'd start with a new blade holder then. Also, realize that this is an old plotter as plotters go. There may be other parts that are wearing out.

chadorama

Owner & Sole Employee
Double check your offset settings and make sure that you blade is pivoting in the holder. I’ve had a similar problem and it turned out to be a small piece of vinyl got caught and was hindering the blade movement.

Motograffics

Should normally clean in the blade holder and lubricate inside so the blade swivels properly, if the blade wobbles, perhaps the bearing part inside is worn out, make sure the blade offset is correct.

Fernando Névoa

Did a few searches and tried all the things from the results. Nothing working so far.

My circles are not closing, smaller squares don’t close and tear the material in some places.

Machine is 13 years old, runs 2-3 hours a day 6 days a week. Only thing I have ever needed to replace were blades and Teflon strip.

Was cutting just fine yesterday, today I’m getting this. Cutting the same on chrome material and oracal 651.

I have taken the dust cover off, used nearly an entire can of air to clean out all the moving parts (was not dirty to begin with), put down new Teflon strip, have tested 3 different brand new blades, disassembled blue blade holder and cleaned it out with air, moved berrings freely with a needle to see if they were jammed. Cleaned pinch rollers and the side to side rollers (and track) that the head uses to guide it side to side. Cut speed down to 1/2 my normal speed as well as tested every offset from -5 to +5 (always run at 0).

I am all out of troubleshooting ideas, hence coming to the forums to see if I could find an answer. Nothing I have read has helped.

Is it time to replace some parts? If so what parts?

Like I said, machine was cutting perfectly yesterday, today it’s acting like it has a hangover or something.

Included 2 picks, one is through a 10x loom to try to get a good close up.

Fernando Névoa

1/ Please check if the pen block doesn´t oscilate. If there are oscilations, you can readjust the rollers of the pen block - it is easy to do…

2/ In case there is NO oscilations, you can try the following: try to install a "Pen" and select offfset for "Pen" in such conditions you can eliminate a possible problem with the "cutter holder" and knife. It is good either for testing purposes, if you put a strip of vynil on the top of the cutting base/teflon or switch the teflon in the opposite side and fix it with bi-adhesive only for diagnostics.

If the cutting quality with the Pen is OK - there are problems with the "holder" or "knife". Please selelct the correct holder and knife, If the holder have the "blue cap" select CB09U and install a CB09U blade 45º with the correct offset.

3/ In case the cutting quality is not OK with "Pen" . Try to check belt tensions of X and Y motor.

Good luck and work

FN

Kemble

Update: Bought a new blade holder and it fixed my issue. 13 years went by without any cutting issues other than an occasional teflon strip and blades getting dull every 6-8 months, never knew the blade holder wore out. Guess I've been lucky.