• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec ce3000-60 mk2 setup and software help

F_27stryker1

Hey everyone, this is my first post as a member here at signs101. First let me start off by saying yes i am about as new at this as it could get. Im 23 and have decided to make my way into the decal and sign business. Seems very challenging and rewarding, and thats what i like. Problem is im not sure where to start. I picked up a used graphtec ce3000-60 mk2 plotter, with the old software. Its in great shape, but i am having utter problems trying to install and manage the software needed to run and operate the plotter. Question is what software would you guys recommend using besides the factory stuff?

nopalito24

good cutter which also comes w/ a reg. mark sensor for countour cutting. if you go here: www.graphtecamerica.com/support
you can pick up a copy of CM2- just click on any current model and grab it from there. This is a plug in for Adobe Ill. and Corel Draw so that you can cut directly from either software, in order to communicate w/ CM2 you'll need to change the plotters command option to GPGL: PAUSE, NeXT until yousee Command, ENTER, UP/DOWN to select GPGL, ENTER 2 times.
you can go to the website FAQ's or youtube for instructionals.

good luck

F_27stryker1

Thanks i read alot of good reviews before i decided on this cutter. I have come quiet familiar with its 124 page manual haha. If i didnt understand something i hit the web searching for answers but i must say, related answers are hard to come by. I have actually been to graphtecs support, thing is do i have to use cutting master 2? Is there anything anyone would recommend besides it? This is where i started getting confused, finding all the little bits of software to use, such as the driver, driver controller, cm2, adobe plug ins. From my experiences so far i have been eyeing corel draw 6, so what would i actually need to take something from that and send to the plotter for cutting?

Jackpine

CutMaster2 and Corel will give you a cutting solution. CutMaster2 is a free download from Graphtec. Your other option is to buy a design/cutting program such as Signlab, Cibercut, Co-Cut ect. If you are going to print and cut Signlab ( the $500.00 version) won't work. Co-cut will. Don't expect much tech support since this is an older cutter. I have one and it still cuts great. I changed the cutting strip only recently. CleanCut blades are the ones to buy. Ciber Supply, a merchant member here can help you. I recently bought an FC8000 but the tech support is not there. Bought it from a major vendor.

F_27stryker1

Thanks alot. I do believe i will be going with corel draw x6, then download the cutting master 2 from graphtecs support page. Also thanks for the blade recomendation. There are alot of blade choices out there, and i'll take your experience with this machine wisely. As for now im going to stay with this machine for a good year or so, or until i need to upgrade to keep up with customer demands. Question, are you connecting your cutter with a usb or the other bigger cable. I picked up a high speed usb and just from small test from my computer it seems to be working great

Jackpine

Mine are connected USB. Works very well. CleanCut blades last. Buy 5 for better price and get at least one 60 degree for thick material. 45 degree cuts 3 mil print and 3 mil laminate without a problem. I have 3 conditions and that seems to have been enough.

Thanks alot. I do believe i will be going with corel draw x6, then download the cutting master 2 from graphtecs support page. Also thanks for the blade recomendation. There are alot of blade choices out there, and i'll take your experience with this machine wisely. As for now im going to stay with this machine for a good year or so, or until i need to upgrade to keep up with customer demands. Question, are you connecting your cutter with a usb or the other bigger cable. I picked up a high speed usb and just from small test from my computer it seems to be working great

Last edited: