• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CE5000-60. Can it be shared on a network?

stitchup

Our CE5000-60 is attached to my PC via the USB port, all works fine.

I use CorelDraw X4 with Cutting Master 2.1.50 (the latest).

Can I share the cutter just like any other printer? I've checked the manual and there's no mention of network sharing.

I've tried to share in the normal way, but no joy yet!

Cheers

John

Lunatic Taskbar

I believe the answer to be NO. With cutters I am under the impression the software communicated directly to it. Making it unable to be networked in the traditional way.

I may however be totaly wrong.

jiarby

I agree with Ian, the cutters are NOT printers... You use a plugin from Corel/Illy to communicate directly. Additionally, the cutters are installed in the printers control panel.

My advice:
In the old days we used to use A-B-C switches to share LPT devices... maybe there is an USB equivalent?? So you connect cutter to output port on A/B switch. The you have to connect PC-A and PC-B to the input side. You then have to go ro the cutter and select which PC you want to connect it to.

Alternatively, you can just run your USB cables to the cutter. Put labels on them so you know who is who. When you are loading your roll just plug in your cable. This one sounds easiest.

stitchup

I remember the switch boxes but not required thankfully.

I shared the cutter on the wired PC and then mapped it on the network PC and it cuts just fine using Corel and Cut Master 2. The only thing I can't do at the moment is poll the cutter for vinyl dimensions. No bigee as I can mnually get that from the LCD panel.

John

Bill Modzel

I'm not sure if this could apply to your setup or not but at least I'll share it. I have a FC7000-100 set up this way and my last Graphtec was connected this way also. I have an older Mac G4 with Cutting Master in Illy set up via a Keyspan USB to serial adapter and a new Mac Pro hooked up to the same Graphtec direct USB.

This setup works transparently with no switches or anything else. Of course, you can only send one job at a time as there is now dual job que window.