• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec ce5000-60 enter button doesn't work.

kingb82

I have the pricing for you on these parts, just contact me and I will give it to you.

My plotter's enter button doesn't work. Would you know the problem? and would you know the solution? When the screen says "Roll Press 1" I can't set the plotter up by pressing enter. Just wondering if it's a mother board issue.

And if it is, do you sale those parts?

Thank you.

knucklehead

I've got a Graphtec too. Just for future reference.

How would one determine if it is an actual 'button' malfuction on the control panel, or a motherboard problem.

round man

on those key pads the buttons sometimes aren't much more than a bubble shape pressed into a layer of very thin tempered aluminum after awhile the tempering goes south on the metal and the button no longer springs back to its original shape so you get a keypad malfunction,...I have had luck with a piece of duct tape on the individual button to pull the bubble back out to disenguage the key,...meanwhile I would suggest lining up the purchase of a new keypad,and prcing a tech to replace it if one does not feel comfortable with DIY repairs

kingb82

on those key pads the buttons sometimes aren't much more than a bubble shape pressed into a layer of very thin tempered aluminum after awhile the tempering goes south on the metal and the button no longer springs back to its original shape so you get a keypad malfunction,...I have had luck with a piece of duct tape on the individual button to pull the bubble back out to disenguage the key,...meanwhile I would suggest lining up the purchase of a new keypad,and prcing a tech to replace it if one does not feel comfortable with DIY repairs

Well the button still has its shape and pops out, there is just no response when pressing the button. The ****ty thing is, thats the only button i really use on the plotter and of course its the only one that doesnt work. are there sensors that i should be aware of that could be causing it to not work? would you know any "techs" that could assist me in this? i have no problem with DIY stuff.

Thanks

round man

I would say a call to graphtec support is in order,...they can direct you to a qualified service tech or advise you to the availability of parts for DIY repair and service procedures,...

kingb82

I would say a call to graphtec support is in order,...they can direct you to a qualified service tech or advise you to the availability of parts for DIY repair and service procedures,...

Thanks Round Man. Those M-F'ers never answer!! I'll keep at it. There is a shop that I know is an authorized "tech" but these fools charge like $100/hr just for diagnosing the thing. Not including the fix. So That's why I've been a little hesitant in taking it to them. Wanted to see who had similar issues and see what they did to fix it. Maybe I could bypass all that unnecessary cost.

Thanks

THADSZEW

Sgngy

Thanks Round Man. Those M-F'ers never answer!! I'll keep at it. There is a shop that I know is an authorized "tech" but these fools charge like $100/hr just for diagnosing the thing. Not including the fix. So That's why I've been a little hesitant in taking it to them. Wanted to see who had similar issues and see what they did to fix it. Maybe I could bypass all that unnecessary cost.

Thanks

The same thing happened to me. I removed the end cap w/ the keypad. There is a wire ribbon connected to the keypad. A small, white lock is used to keep the ribbon connected to the keypad. The lock had loosened. I wedged the lock on the ribbon and was back in business. I hope this helps.

d fleming

If you do not have the front and rear sensors for media covered your enter button will not function. Usually only a problem when trying to use small scraps. Try taping over both just for the heck of it and see if maybe one of those buggers is malfunctioning.

IslandSignWorks

The same thing happened to me. I removed the end cap w/ the keypad. There is a wire ribbon connected to the keypad. A small, white lock is used to keep the ribbon connected to the keypad. The lock had loosened. I wedged the lock on the ribbon and was back in business. I hope this helps.

I know I'm bumping an old post but I like to help when I can. We had the same issue, of course while we're working on a tight deadline. I tried taking off the endcap and tightening the harness connections, and that worked. There is a harness the connects the logic board to the keypad. It just took a little fiddling and the Enter key started working again.

Greg
Island Sign Works
Wiscasset ME