• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CE5000-60 Registration Mark Issue

Sante230

Hey guys, My name is Jason I am new on here. I have run into an issue with my graphtec and I am looking for some insight. I have had my Graphtecs for many years and I have a decent understanding of them but this one has me stumped.

I just picked up a Mutoh printer and have been using it to make Contor cut decals. The issue is the graphtec isn't picking up my first registration mark. I have used the contour cut feature with CutMaster and had no issues but with the new printer, I am using Flexisign Pro Cloud. I have got it to work once or twice after hours of messing with it it would randomly work for one job and not the next. If I get it to pick up the first mark it always gets the rest. I have room between the rollers and front and back side of course. I am using 3651 with 210 Lam.
I had the issue with and without Lam.

I almost think the Reg Marks in Flexi are to thin?? Is there an option in Flexi to make the Marks thicker? Is there another solution that escapes me right now?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would start by cleaning the sensor with some rubbing alcohol and then run a sensor sensitivity calibration. If you do that and it still doesn't work, I would say the sensor is going bad or there is a software issue.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Where are you locating the cutter blade when you start?

If you're using automatic marks you must manually move the blade so that the blade holder is just inside the imaginary box described by the registration marks and then, most important, set the plotter's origin to that point. Then send the cut job.

Do not try to clean the sensor with any liquid anything, just blow it out with air.

Sante230

I would start by cleaning the sensor with some rubbing alcohol and then run a sensor sensitivity calibration. If you do that and it still doesn't work, I would say the sensor is going bad or there is a software issue.

Cleaned the Sensor, It would not run the Calibration correctly for some reason but I did adjust the sensitivity and it help a lot. Seems like it is picking them up much better.

Where are you locating the cutter blade when you start?

If you're using automatic marks you must manually move the blade so that the blade holder is just inside the imaginary box described by the registration marks and then, most important, set the plotter's origin to that point. Then send the cut job.

Do not try to clean the sensor with any liquid anything, just blow it out with air.

I have had better luck with the Option 2 marks. So I place the blade just on the outside of the mark and it scans right over it. I am going to do another run and I will update with weather or not upping the sensitivity helped.