• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CE5000-60

S

Sign-Man Signs

Anyone know how to set the feed distance past the blade after the set origin on start up? After I load media and press enter, blade comes to rest about a 1/4 inch from edge of media. I would like to extend it past the cut line when starting a new job. Tried all the manuals and offsets but no luck.

JBarraxSW

Sign-Man. I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're trying to do, but this may help.

Check section 4-28 of your manual. "Expanding the Cutting/Plotting Area"
Here's a quick summary.
1) Press the pause key to enter the menu
2) Press Next page to find the EXPAND option
3) Press Enter to access EXPAND settings, press Up or down arrow to turn EXPAND on.

This will allow you to cut 9.5mm beyond the default position on both sides of the pinch rollers.

Last edited:

JBarraxSW

Sign-Man. I forwarded your question to a couple of our cutter techs. This is from Ronnie Walker.
"I understand what he is saying. He is wasting a 1/2 inch to an inch of Vinyl on the front edge. The only option I know he has is to place the material exactly where he wants it to start and select roll 2 instead of roll 1"

Roll 2 begins cutting from whever you load the media. Roll 1 always looks for the front edge using the sensor on the front of the cutter's platen.

thmooch

I always use the arrows & then hit the origin button. Not the answer you were looking for I know, as this has to be done every time(as far as I know).

S

Sign-Man Signs

Sign-Man. I forwarded your question to a couple of our cutter techs. This is from Ronnie Walker.
"I understand what he is saying. He is wasting a 1/2 inch to an inch of Vinyl on the front edge. The only option I know he has is to place the material exactly where he wants it to start and select roll 2 instead of roll 1"

Roll 2 begins cutting from whever you load the media. Roll 1 always looks for the front edge using the sensor on the front of the cutter's platen.

I actually want to waste about 3 inches on the cutting edge. Sometimes, media gets caught in the cut trough and cause a jam. If I can extend the front edge past that cut area, it will eliminate the problem. As it is now, plotter pens/cutter holder stop to short. I guess what I mean to say is there a way or setting to expend the media past the optical eye on start up without having to do it manually?

GP

That would be good to know. I, too, always do this manually by arrowing, then hitting origin. Seems to be the only fail-safe way.

JBarraxSW

If you're using LXi or FlexiSign, try expanding the panel in Production manager. Open the Panel tab and click and drag to expand the margin around the graphic.
You could also just move the graphic upward from the defalut position in production manager, which would put more distance between the graphic and the front edge of the media.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Well after playing with this thing all weekend, it appears Jerry has the only answer and just set the panel forward in the production manager. I wonder if I could relocate the sensor eye Jerry?

:frustrated::banghead::ROFLMAO:

JBarraxSW

"I wonder if I could relocate the sensor eye Jerry?"

I don't recomend it. It's under the platen and no doubt connected to the motherboard. You'd have to make a custom platen and then remount the sensor underneath, which would require opening it up and disconnecting things, which would void the warranty.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Just hung up with Graphtec Support. Bad news. No way to advance that little sucker. They are going to us the info for their next go round and put the cut line further out or change programing. Oh well. Thanks everyone for the input.