• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CE5000 - media roll holder issues

jeroen

Last week we got a new Graphtec CE5000-120 plotter
Nice machine, except for the stand... or more specifically, the media roll holder

It has 3 slots for the bars
The narrowest is too narrow and the vinyl roll will (very easily) fall off of the bars
The middle widest is too wide and a roll with less than 10 yards of vinyl on it, will fall through

Also, the bars that the vinylroll rests upon are about 1/4 of an inch to wide for the frame, allowing them to slide sideways, which in turn isn't great for media tracking...

Surely I can modify the rollholders to solve these issues, but I'm not really happy about having to do that

Anyone else having problems with this?

jeroen

guess I'm the only one with this issue :Big Laugh

I'll fire up the grinder and welding machine over the weekend :covereyes:

Jackpine

I have a CE3000 and on my bars are sets that can be adjusted to the edge of the rolls to help tracking. I also prefeed the material so the cutter does not pull it from the roll.
Last week we got a new Graphtec CE5000-120 plotter
Nice machine, except for the stand... or more specifically, the media roll holder

It has 3 slots for the bars
The narrowest is too narrow and the vinyl roll will (very easily) fall off of the bars
The middle widest is too wide and a roll with less than 10 yards of vinyl on it, will fall through

Also, the bars that the vinylroll rests upon are about 1/4 of an inch to wide for the frame, allowing them to slide sideways, which in turn isn't great for media tracking...

Surely I can modify the rollholders to solve these issues, but I'm not really happy about having to do that

Anyone else having problems with this?

Firemalt

Unless your rolls of vinyl are on something smaller than 3" cardboard tubes, I could see that being an issue. I recently purchased a CE5000 myself, and have run a roll of vinyl down to the last inch that was on a 3" tube, with the rollers on the outter two slots without any issues.

Graphtec should of included some media stops that you slide over the media rollers, and then use a hex key to lock into place, which in return should keep your vinyl roll from walking while cutting.

jeroen

yes, the cutter came with a set of clamps to keep the media-roll from wandering over the bars, but if the bars them self can move sideways, that's not gonna help much...

the media rolls I use are standard diameter (I have several brands of vinyl in stock and they're all on the same size cardboard roll)

I'll contact my supplier and see what he has to say about it...
other wise, I already figured out how to make modifications

thanks for the replies though!

Firemalt

The media should have two "stops" close to each other on one end. The bracket that comes off of the cutter stand rest inbetween those two "stops".

You should have a total of 6 "stops". 4 with hex bolts, that should of already been in place on the media roller(as in the picture), and 2 with thumbs screws, which are the ones used to keep the media from walking.

Attachments

• IMG_3434.jpg
    IMG_3434.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 202