• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec ce6000

Brand4440

Would the Graphtec ce6000 be a good choice for a small home based sign business? I am wanting to purchase a used Mutoh 1204 48" printer and a 48" cutter. I know the fc series is the top of the line from Graphtec but I don't want to spend that much money. I will be doing print cut graphics for floor, window, wall and vehicles.

Dennis422

My first cutter was CE5000-60. Good machine. Now have FC8600-130.
CE will do everything that FC does but not as good and they do have only 400g of pressure instead of 600. If you are doing regular everyday stuff that is plenty.
If you plan to do contour cuts, the eye can be a bit unpredictable, make sure your print is lined up perfectly on the printer.

If you get it, it will serve you well. In my opinion, Summa is the only better mainstream cutter on the market.

Brand4440

Would the Summa s2 d120 or the s2 t120 be a better choice? They are so expensive. Don't think I can spend that kind of money.

Dennis422

Tracking on the long runs should be better and not as many issues with contour cutting.
But all that comes with a price that is about double or more than CE.

Jackpine

A Graphtec ce6000 be a good choice for a 24" cutter. I still contour cut and cut vinyl with a CE-3000Mk2. I also use a D75R Summa but the CE series is a great product for the price.

Brand4440

I have set the summa d140 up and cut a few things out on some regular vinyl. This cutter is so fast and smooth, love it! Now I will be looking for a used Mutoh 1304 and 54" laminator to pair with it. Can't wait to print and cut!!!!