• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CE7000 Perf Cut

swarnes

Hi,

Can someone recommend my problem?
I am using CE7000-60 on the Perf-cut channel and I am facing issue with VINYL-Adhesive.
The problem is its tearing on all corners, I wonder if anyone can advise?
Kiss cut is ok, perf cut is not ok.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20230831_065717.jpg
    20230831_065717.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 285
  • 20230831_062947.jpg
    20230831_062947.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 172

robosigns

Hi,

Can someone recommend my problem?
I am using CE7000-60 on the Perf-cut channel and I am facing issue with VINYL-Adhesive.
The problem is its tearing on all corners, I wonder if anyone can advise?
Kiss cut is ok, perf cut is not ok.

Thanks.
Is the Perf a separate outer shape to the Kiss Cut? If not, most people (myself included) aim to get their cut settings dialed in just right so that the shapes hold enough for the feed action, but pop out easily / cleanly when the batch is done. Perf action slows production down and puts more wear on the machine, blade, strip etc

ikarasu

Use the perf channel, but don't use the cut line setting.

As well turn on tsngential - there's node 1 and 2... I use node 2 and fkrnsharo corners like this it works perfectly. For a star, I'd turn on overcut as well if I were still having issues... That way it'll start the cut before the tick and make sure it goes all the way through at the tick.

And yes, your blade may be out a tad too far... Sharp corners on perf cuts are hard. We usually add a round edge when we have something so tiny to perf - ie well kiss cut the star to shape then Add a .1" boffser and perf cut that. We tell the customer it's our "easy peel" option that allows them to peel the kiss cut away without bending the corners on the sticker... No one has ever complained and we actually get a lot of people coming to us requesting it on all their stickers. We used to do a lot of split back stickers.... Now everyone wants a perf bleed, which is easier for us, so win win.

Last edited:

swarnes

As well turn on range trial mode - there's node 1 and 2... I use node 2 and fkrnsharo corners like this it works perfectly. For a star, I'd turn on overcut as well if I were still having issues... That way it'll start the cut before the tick and make sure it goes all the way through at the tick.

And yes, your blade may be out a tad too far... Sharp corners on perf cuts are hard. We usually add a round edge when we have something so tiny to perf - ie well kiss cut the star to shape then Add a .1" boffser and perf cut that. We tell the customer it's our "easy peel" option that allows them to peel the kiss cut away without bending the corners on the sticker... No one has ever complained and we actually get a lot of people coming to us requesting it on all their stickers. We used to do a lot of split back stickers.... Now everyone wants a perf bleed, which is easier for us, so win win.
Hi, Trial Mode 1 and 2? You mean tanglible mode? I have found overcut, can you show example please of your +.1 boffser? please.

Last edited:

swarnes

Is the Perf a separate outer shape to the Kiss Cut? If not, most people (myself included) aim to get their cut settings dialed in just right so that the shapes hold enough for the feed action, but pop out easily / cleanly when the batch is done. Perf action slows production down and puts more wear on the machine, blade, strip etc
No I was trying to perf cut the star, So I should only put as small amount of perf cuts so it pops out but doesnt do loads of jumping up and down, so more length before a cut?

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
You can Kiss cut the star shape then straight or perf cut a square box around it, your choice.
The end user can peel it out of the square.

swarnes

As well turn on tsngential - there's node 1 and 2... I use node 2 and fkrnsharo corners like this it works perfectly. For a star, I'd turn on overcut as well if I were still having issues... That way it'll start the cut before the tick and make sure it goes all the way through at the tick.

Thanks for your reply above, can you take a pic and upload of an example? Or do you mind elaborating on 1" boffser? You mean Border off set? like +1Inch with the same shape or?

ikarasu

I need to start proof reading before I hit submit... :roflmao:

.1" offset. I usually do .2", but it all depends on the shapes.

Attachments

• 20230503_070624.jpg
    20230503_070624.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 168

ikarasu

Perf cutting is the blade thing in deep, when it goes around a sharp corner of lifts the vinyl to as it lifts.

A .2" offset cut makes the cut not as intricate. You still kid cut to the start shape, then the perf cut has more room to work with. And if it lifts the perf cut... It doesn't affect your kis cut or pay off the image that matters.

ikarasu

I swear, as I get older my phone typos a lot more. It'll change certain words that it shouldn't... Every time I type on the PC it's perfect though... I swear!

swarnes

I just wanted to add to this,

CE7000 Graphtec Plotter and I’ve been cutting with it and my media moves while cutting because it only has 2 push rollers. Was wondering if you can add another one to this newer model? Anyone have any advice? or should I sell it?

Joseph44708

I just wanted to add to this,

CE7000 Graphtec Plotter and I’ve been cutting with it and my media moves while cutting because it only has 2 push rollers. Was wondering if you can add another one to this newer model? Anyone have any advice? or should I sell it?

If the media is skewing while cutting, cut shorter sheets or replace the rubber feed rollers. Then,
If you can find a push roller assembly and you can program the 7000 to read the extra roller it will work great. If you can't program it shave the sensor tab off and it will great as well.

swarnes

If the media is skewing while cutting, cut shorter sheets or replace the rubber feed rollers. Then,
If you can find a push roller assembly and you can program the 7000 to read the extra roller it will work great. If you can't program it shave the sensor tab off and it will great as well.
I think the main reason is that I was not adding 90mmfor thr sensor so it was mis-aligning on this step. I'm not sure how to program extra sensor so I won't do that I guess. Thanks for the suggestions mate

Joseph44708

I think the main reason is that I was not adding 90mmfor thr sensor so it was mis-aligning on this step. I'm not sure how to program extra sensor so I won't do that I guess. Thanks for the suggestions mate
Graftec website tutorials should walk you through the install