• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec contour cut issues

ReynaWraps

So I need help. I’ve done research and tried to fix this. But I can not seem to figure this out.
Emailed Graphtec support, no reply yet to my inquiry.

I have a Graphtec FC8000-160. Having issues with the contour feature cutting accurately as it cuts multiple stickers. First few cuts great then the cuts tend to move up (y axis).

What I have tried.
-adjusting the rollers and the tension. (M,m,m,m) cutting on 54 in vinyl. S,m,m,S.
-check sensor off set. (Spot on)
- tried using segments vs 4 points with no segment marks.
- Arms is on.
- Mark is set to detect 4 points.
- mark type 1 and 2 with no help in results.
-steps in the flexi software are set the same as the Graphtec.
- check position 1 in the conditions that are set.

I have attached a video link to show the last cut I’ve attempted.
thank you for your time.

Kali539

We had this issue when cutting large numbers of bumper stickers for a client on our FC8600-130, we turned the print so that they are cut with the longer side of the image on the vertical y-axis, and this worked for us.

ReynaWraps

We had this issue when cutting large numbers of bumper stickers for a client on our FC8600-130, we turned the print so that they are cut with the longer side of the image on the vertical y-axis, and this worked for us.

Thanks for the input. I’ll try this out today!
Keep you updated.

Joe House

1 update firmware - test
2 factory reset - test
3 try using prefeed
4 perform distance adjust in the advanced menu in service mode - test again

ReynaWraps

Can you do a full reset and retry? My guess is a memory issue on the graphtec controller itself.
-I have done a full reset, still having the issue on big jobs.

UPDATE: I ran a small test yesterday about 14 stickers rotated 90 degrees. Looks like it did the trick. However time will tell. not sure if it was because I ran a small section to be contour cut. or the fact that I rotated the image 90 degrees.

Video attached...... ( note that flexi messed up some contour cuts into the image, not the cutters fault)

Joe House My next step is to update the firmware, cutter is running 3.2 while their website has 3.5 available.

Will keep everyone updated, also want to thank everyone for their input. I appreciate this online community greatly.

Want to avoid this?

Create all print/cut jobs inside of illustrator using cutting master. Export print files with registration marks and ONLY use flexi to print the file. Run the cut from cutting master to your graphtec. The only issues you will run into are with the language on your machine if your switching between cutting master and flexi a lot. Change all your cutting to come out of illustrator from now on and you will have very few issues.
Flexi prints OK
Flexi cuts OK
Flexi Print/cuts like crap (you will always have issues with your buffer and resetting your machine/ maybe 2 days / maybe 2 months later)

ReynaWraps

Want to avoid this?

Create all print/cut jobs inside of illustrator using cutting master. Export print files with registration marks and ONLY use flexi to print the file. Run the cut from cutting master to your graphtec. The only issues you will run into are with the language on your machine if your switching between cutting master and flexi a lot. Change all your cutting to come out of illustrator from now on and you will have very few issues.
Flexi prints OK
Flexi cuts OK
Flexi Print/cuts like crap (you will always have issues with your buffer and resetting your machine/ maybe 2 days / maybe 2 months later)

BIG EASY DOES IT, thanks for the input. I was trying to stay away from using multiple programs to run my equipment. however after the firmware update. I will try this and compare illustrator/ cutting master Vs. Flexi 19

I will update tonight!

Not the best option but after struggling with resetting my machine for years when a cut would go bad we have switched to this method. ALL cuts come from cutting master, print/cut or just cut. The plotters are not connected to flexi anymore and it's been over a year since I had to reset one of the plotters.

d fleming

Signlab here. Graphtec fc 7000-100. No problems unless I ran a long plot on small items. About 4' was max. Larger items could go a little further. All done in sl.

ReynaWraps

UPDATE:

Update firmware & used illustrator to create the contour cuts. ( took me a day to learn how to create CutContour lines so that Flexi Production manager to read the lines) Using the Rip software to print and cut. I will try to use the RIP software to print. Then CM4 to cut later today.

First sticker I've been messing with is pretty much spot on. However tried a second batch with just normal circles. NOW its doing the same thing again. :eek:

Ordered new rollers for the unit. they will be here today and ill install them and run a test run. Thanks for everyones input and suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_4942.jpg
    IMG_4942.jpg
    724.7 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_4941.jpg
    IMG_4941.jpg
    660.6 KB · Views: 232
DO NOT let Flexi make the crop marks. This is where your problem lies. Create artwork with cut line however you want. INSIDE ILLUSTRATOR create the cut layer and print layer. Create crop marks INSIDE OF ILLUSTRATOR WITH CUTTING MASTER. EXPORT crop marks and print layer and drop file into flexi production manager. USE cutting master to cut the print/cut file from illustrator. ONLY use Flexi to print the file. Don't let it make crop marks, don't let it even know it's a print/cut file.

ikarasu

I usually use cutting master, but I started using onyx - Mainly for large runs... I like how in onyx with intermediate marks you can rotate them, with cutting master if you have rotating marks you're not able to rotate it. I printed a full roll of print and cut and I had to re-wind it since CM didn't let me rotate... Thats the onlything I don't like about using CM4, and I don't get why it doesn't allow it in the first place. I do find it more accurate than onyx though.

ikarasu

Yes. If you print with just the corners cutting master allows you to rotate anyway. However if you print with marks every 12"... It won't let you rotate at all. I can see it being sideways screwing it up, but it should at least let you rotate it 180.

I started printing rotated in onyx to fix that issue at home. My work onyx is on 12 and it doesn't have the print the other direction option.... Though I'm sure I could do it with a quick set. It's more of an annoyance so I haven't cared too much!