• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

graphtec corel draw

cruiserto

I have been working with corel draw and a graphtec plotter for almost 2 years, I have run many computer programs, but this setup is really combersom. I can kinda do reg. marks but its a lota work. My question is how bad is my setup? should I have a better program like obviously a sign makeing program. Is that the answer? Is their one answer to my question or is it a matter of many opinions? Thanks

Last edited:

Jackpine

look at Cocut Pro from
Jim
CoCut USA
or Signlab from H&H

CiberSupply Cibercut too
all members here....

OldPaint

i see this is your 5th post. soooooo this tells me your time with COREL is very limited. changing to a SIGN PROGRAM, will not make your "learning how to use a program" any simpler, only more complicated.
i have been cutting from COREL DRAW to ROLANDS since 1993. i have had opportunities to work with SIGN PROGRAMS, FLEXI, SIGN LAB, VMPRO, SIGN WIZARD...........and guess what they ALL TRY TO MIMIC COREL DRAW)))))))) wonder why?
could be COREL is the easiest to learn?????
rather then investing in more programs, i would suggest more intense TRAINING and learning what you have. they just dont work outa the box......YOU HAVE TO INVEST TIME to learn how to make the programs work for you.

Terremoto

I use CorelDraw for all the design and layout and Gerber Omega just to send data to the plotter.

There's an add-on for CorelDraw called SignTools that has some cool features and could make production more efficient but I find I can do things pretty quick with CorelDraw without having to use any add-ons.

Dan

cruiserto

really?

registration marks should be pretty easy

do you really know? I might be dumb but I an not an idiot. I have tried everything. everyone says it's easy than show me all I want to do is extrude some letters layer them change one of their colors make up reg. marks manually if I have to I must be missing something very obviois but no one has givening me a working solution not that anyone owes me an explaintion but people arent helping by saying well its easy. I am only trying to learn and need some help to get back on track thanks dude G

:thankyou:

[]registration marks should be pretty easy

cruiserto

your answer

Hi Thanks! in your round about way, of telling me what I needed to know and put things in prospective My goal when I start any art or computer car tuning or air brushing is to buy the best tools I can afford than I know its me and not the tools G

i see this is your 5th post. soooooo this tells me your time with COREL is very limited. changing to a SIGN PROGRAM, will not make your "learning how to use a program" any simpler, only more complicated.
i have been cutting from COREL DRAW to ROLANDS since 1993. i have had opportunities to work with SIGN PROGRAMS, FLEXI, SIGN LAB, VMPRO, SIGN WIZARD...........and guess what they ALL TRY TO MIMIC COREL DRAW)))))))) wonder why?
could be COREL is the easiest to learn?????
rather then investing in more programs, i would suggest more intense TRAINING and learning what you have. they just dont work outa the box......YOU HAVE TO INVEST TIME to learn how to make the programs work for you.

cruiserto

thats great to know Dan thanks G

I use CorelDraw for all the design and layout and Gerber Omega just to send data to the plotter.

There's an add-on for CorelDraw called SignTools that has some cool features and could make production more efficient but I find I can do things pretty quick with CorelDraw without having to use any add-ons.

Dan

Terremoto

We just use Gerber Omega as a bridge program to facilitate the vinyl cutting as otherwise we can't cut directly from CorelDraw to the Mimaki CG-130 FX plotter.

As for the registration marks - the only time I use them is for lining up a multi-colour vinyl installation but most of the time I just use weed borders for registration as it serves the same purpose put you don't have to peel off the registration marks after you're done.

Dan