• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CS5000-60 No Media Error

wallswag

I have just ordered my new Graphtec CS5000-60

I first loaded up my first design with flexi starter 10

I put an almost fresh 24 inch by 50 yard roll in my cutter to cut a graphic 22 inches wide by 45 inches in height.

When I told flexi to start the cut the machine started to roll out a ridiculous amount of vinyl. I stopped it after about 6 feet came out... I shut it off and tried several times...

Next I cut a piece of vinyl 50 inches in height and tried that instead of the roll. And now it will unroll all the vinyl and stop before it falls out and on the screen it tells me "Media Error"

This machine is fresh and brand new. First time using it and everything is installed correctly.

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions because I have tried placing the pinch rollers in different areas with no luck either.

My old machine broke and I have orders to send out and it has been about a week for some of my customers and I am getting anxious to get these out.

Thanks for your time everyone!

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I have a CE5000-60. The only time I see the no media error is when it runs out of media or the media doesn't unroll as expected. There is a sensor in the back that detects when the media is about to run out. It also happens if the roll doesn't unroll as expected and the pull from the roll is too great which stops the vinyl from moving.

Are your stoppers in the correct position for the media and width you are using?

Do you tell is Roll or Sheet when it asks?

I would try selecting sheet for your 50in sample and see if it detects the edges.

Also if you have Illustrator I would try the plugin provided by Graphtec and try your cut again.

wallswag

By stoppers do you mean the pinch rollers? I will have to look into that. I didn't even know that mattered haha. shows how much I know about this machine. I went from a really crappy one and this one has many more complicated features it seems.

And again, I feel real dumb because I didn't know I could select sheet or roll. But I guess whatever the it is set on I have tried both a sheet and a roll and it didn't work either way.

Thanks for the quick reply!!

D&Tgraphics

I haven't had my ce5000 in a while but, from memory, change your COND. No. on the control panel to a different setting. I think you want 2. That should fix it.

wallswag

I haven't had my ce5000 in a while but, from memory, change your COND. No. on the control panel to a different setting. I think you want 2. That should fix it.

I put it on number 2 and found out how to switch it to sheet and it rolled fed out almost the whole sheet and started to print near the bottom of the sheet and was going to be cut off.

Thanks for the help everyone! It's not time for the manual to figure this out.

I want it to start the printing at the bottom right hand corner :)

Bill Modzel

Load your media and than hit Roll 1 rear set. That will register to the front of the media. if
your screen says Roll 1 - Front set, hit the down arrow to switch to Rear set or it will dump all of your roll at your feet. Yea, it seem backwards.
At least that's what my FC7000 says.

CS-SignSupply

Make sure your Media settings within flexi are correct... You can use the icons at the bottom of the General Tab to have the design; at bottom-right, centered, etc.

Once you load vinyl in the machine, choose ROLL 2 and enter... when the unit sets up, manually move the blade holder (using the arrows on the control panel) to where you want the file to start cutting. Then one more thing... hit the ORIGIN button. Then send your cut.

CS-SignSupply

You can also cover the rear edge sensor with vinyl or tape if needed... sometimes as the media feeds back through the cutter, it will raise off the bed and allow light into the rear media sensor. Then will through No Media Error. You can hit ENTER on the cutter to continue past this error (bypass)

wallswag

Thanks again all for the suggestion and help!

CiberSupply, I have the correct settings for the bottom right hand corner for flexi and I manually moved the blade holder all the way to the right side and clicked origin and i told me it was set... butthen when I clicked the send button in flexi... On the cutter screen it said "Off Scale"

wallswag

THIS TOPIC IS CLOSED!

CiberSupply has connected via my computer and has took the time to manually look through all my settings and find the problem for me.

Thanks so much!

signage

For CiberSupply doing that for you you should help support this fine Forum by becomming a Preimum member! Just think without this site you would not have gotten it fixed!

here is a link to the premimum subscrition

Last edited: