• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

graphtec cutter issue.

D&Tgraphics

I have a ce5000-120, about a year old. It's been working flawlessly until this morning. I changed the blade and after that it's been screwy. Here's the problem:
The blade will cut fine on the right side of the machine. When the blade gets past the middle of the plotter the cutting depth of the blade seems to decrease. The cutline seams to fade away. Hopefully this makes sense. I can't figure it out.

If anybody has any ideas I would love to hear them. Thanks in advance.

woolly

had this one now and again over the years change the blade again or cut a few letters out of reflective, try again.
its as if the cutting strip is uneven but i think down to the grinding of a few odd blades

woolly

Fuzzbuster

Groove wore into cutting strip on that side?
Maybe new blade is cutting deeper into groove?:help:

That`s my try
had to replace cutting strips before

Cheers

rcook99

I also had the same problem on my ce 2000-60. I changed the cut strips which helped. But I fine tuned the pressure and it worked fine. If you changed the blade are you sure you did not turn the depth adjusment when you removed it. That may also give you some problems. Good luck.

D&Tgraphics

I AM A DUMBASS!!!!! I didn't have the blade holder in properly. It was my first time changing the blade on this machine and I thought it looked right but it was a little bit off. Go ahead and start the beatings. I deserve it. :banghead::covereyes: That was a total newb mistake. I can't believe I did that.

S

SignTech

I was just going to ask you about the blade holder or if the blade was retracting properly ........... but your good now?

rcook99

I AM A DUMBASS!!!!! I didn't have the blade holder in properly. It was my first time changing the blade on this machine and I thought it looked right but it was a little bit off. Go ahead and start the beatings. I deserve it. That was a total newb mistake. I can't believe I did that.

If the weather was better I would come down and beat the hell out of ya with a baseball bat. :doh:Just kidding glad you got it fixed.:ROFLMAO:

rcook99

Dennis, If you ever run into a problem with your cutter in the future and need a hand let me know as it is a one day ship to you from here, I will gladly help ya.

Bob

D&Tgraphics

Thanks Bob. I appreciate that. Hopefully I won't be stupid like that again. I'm usually pretty good at things like that but, I guess we all have our moments. You would think after all these years I wouldn't let something stupid like that get past me. Oh well.
Where are you in NY?

D&Tgraphics

Ok. I'll be going through there in about 2 weeks on my way up to the Adirondacks for a fishing trip. I'll have to try and make a pitstop and say hi.