• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec F8600 Contour Cut Issue

Rusty B

I recently started having trouble with my vinyl cutter cutting everything twice. I have the passes set to 1 pass in Flexi PM and it will make the initial cut then reverse direction and go back around the way it came from. It cuts fine it just takes too much time. It does on contour cuts and perf contour cuts. Is this possibly a flexi setting issue or a cutter setting. I wasn't sure where to post in the forum so I chose here. Sorry If I am incorrect. I haven't had this cutter long and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jburns

in my experience with flexi and graphtec, I set the parameters at the cutter condition menu.
I often had issues with setting speed and other settings in flexi menu. try that? and uncheck the flexi box for cutter settings- only send the file.
OR
check your file - you may acutally have two cutting paths ( ex. a double trace - zoom in on line.)

Rusty B

Thanks JBurns you were exactly right! I had imported the artwork from a customer and it was an .ai file. It seems they had a double contour on the file! Bonehead me should have checked. Thanks a lot my friend!

Rusty B

Wow! I just checked every file they sent me over the last couple weeks and they’re all the same. I’m not sure how I let it go this long without asking for assistance!