• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC 7000 -130 origin point

RJ California

I just loaded material in my graphtec to cut and the home position of the blade seems to have swapped sides. As you stand in front of the plotter the blade's home position is supposed to be on the right side. Now when I press the F-1 key the blade holder sweeps across to the far left side of the loaded vinyl and thinks that that is it's home point. The "Origin Point" in the initial screen that you see when the head is moving now says "Lower Left" (probably used to say "Upper Right", not that I paid attention).

Just wondering if I may have accidently hit a button or combination of buttons to cause this. Any ideas? I tried turning the machine off, still the same.

Thanks

Buddy

Rod....try standing on the other side of the plotter. It will be right then.

(sorry - bad joke)

myronb

I know I have seen the option to change the origin point in one of the menus, but I have no idea where! I'll look in the morning if you haven't figured it out.

Neil

Rod, when you first load media, the first screen you see gives you the option of selecting either front load or rear load. This is easily inadvertantly changed by pressing the up/down arrow.

I've done it a few times accidently due to all the button pressing you have to do to get the machine ready.

So maybe you accidently changed yours to front set instead of rear set?

asignstop

Mimaki is the same, this is so you can swap the rollers to the front of the machine, and load media that way, I actually preffer this way better beause you can but the machine up against a wall and not need have to access to both sides (eg you can load media in the front of the machine) saves space in a smaller shop. It will plot exactly the same as if you had it the other way, on print and cuts also, so don't let that confuse you. Only drawback is after a cross cut, the media falls right out of the machine!

Buddy

asignstop.....that's a cool idea about running the machine backwards butted up against the wall. I think I'll try that on my older Graphtecs.

Rod....heck I was right and didn't know it. You DO have to walk around the back side of your machine and then it will be okay. <joke>

myronb

I just looked at mine. The only options it gives is "lower left" & "center". To get to it follow these steps:

1. Load media
2. Press F1
3. Press Menu then next twice
4. area parameters
5. origin

This gives you the two options. As far as "lower left", I think that refers to a landscape orientation--with the width of the vinyl being your vertical & the length running off the roll being horizontal. You may be able to reset to defaults to fix this problem. When I had issues with my contour cut not aligning just right, the tech support told me how to do it, but I'll be damned if I can remember. It involved turning the power on while holding down two of the buttons. The $20,000 question: Which two buttons?

Derf

Did you read the manual that's on the CD rom that came with your cutter?

I called tech support for a manual and they said look in the CD and there is a PDF file inside. ..... Duhhhhh ......

If you need one it's only 3mb so I could email it to you.