• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC 7000-160 Contour Problem

bbarney261

I was wondering if anyone is having problems using this cutter to contour cut digital prints. When cutting the prints the cutour cut line is drifting. The first couple of decals are cutting correct, but farther into the job the cut line gradually becomes inaccurate, to the point of about 1/4 inch at the end of the job. We are using the auto registration feature of the cutter and lining everything else up correct. We are cutting laminated 3M IJ180-C. Has anyone else encoutered this problem? If so, any recommendations for correcting it?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Steve C.

I had this problem with FlexiPro 3 point registration marks. I started using 4 point bomb site registration and get perfect cuts now.

stopngo

What cut / RIP software are you using? I had this problem when I first purchased my FC5100-130 using Flexi and had it auto print the registration marks. You may not be having the same problem.

WVB

I believe the issue is FlexiSign utilizes 3 point registration not the 4 that the new graphtec 7000 uses. The fix is in the works, and maybe out by now. Not 100% sure but check with Scanvec Amiables website.

bbarney261

We are using Onyx poster shop 6.5 with cut server to cut the graphics. Also, we are the four point scan method for the registration marks. The graphics are cut on 3M IJ180C and graphtec said that might have something to do with it because of the slick release liner. Has anyone else experienced these problems?

Thanks

RJ California

We are using the Graphtec 5100-75 and we are also having contour problems. We are using FlexiPro 7.6 and started using the 4 point registration and we're still having problems. Glad to know it's not just us. Hope a solution is on the way.

bbarney261

This FC-7000 is replacing an FC-5100 we were using. We had some luck with courtour cuts through Flexi 7.6 using the four point bomb site marks. Its a pain though, because you have to manually line up the registration marks. Try that and see how that works for you. I tried some testing today and after talking with onyx, we figure the problem is the cutter driver in the software. They are working on a fix. We'll have to see what if they can get it fix.

Neil

It sounds like it could be a software thing.

Apparently Signlab also had the same problem, which has subsequently been resolved in the latest build.

ScottyDoo

Now I'm nervous, hehe. We just purchased PosterShop 6.5 and a new Graphtec FC 7000-160. We were hoping we would be able to start doing print/cut. All the tests I did with our Gerber OddyseyXP failed miserably and our supplier said this Graphtec should be our solution.

We'll see, atleast with Onyx I have a man on the inside. My brother is a programmer on the PosterShop software.

Scott Reynolds

We had a little learning curve contour cutting on the Graphtec FC-5100 with flexi 7.5-7.6. Have not had a problem in 8-9 months. Just put the BLADE over the first mark (lower right) and hit enter. It works every time. You just cant have too much or too little "tail" at the front of the print, that was the thing that through us for a loop. Remember, use the blade not the bomb site, I dont know, so dont ask. Scott

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
There's just a bit more to it than that. You're correct about simply locating the blade within the triangle formed by the 2 legs of the first registration mark. But you have to be sure to select the type of registration mark, type 1 or type 2, depending on just how close the image is to the cut line.

To use type 2 marks they must be completely outside the image. If they're not when the sensing mechanism heads from mark to mark and there's some part of the print that's sufficiently dark that overlaps onto the region between the parallel legs of the marks, it can come up with a registration error. If it does, you can toss that print on the burn pile. There's no way to save it. The machine needs a clear alley from mark to mark.

Thus if the registration marks overlap the print, use type 1. These cannot overlap.

Scott Reynolds

:help:

If your putting the reg marks that close, it operator error. The just of this tread is discussing software/hardware error's.