• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC 7000 Blade Issue

Hi Everyone,
Bought a used Graphtec FC7000 cutter a while ago and I can't seem to get the blade adjusted in it correctly.

In order to get the cutter to cut vinyl at all I have to fully extend the blade out of the blade holder all of the way, which doesn't seem right (my roland doesn't have the blade sticking out anywhere near this.).

On the cutter I went through the blade set up where you can press the test button. The setting keeps reading 0.00 when I test it and it never reads anything even though the blade is all of the way out.

I'm cutting Oracal 631 and 651 vinyl.
My settings are
Force 14
Speed 30
Quality 4
Blade CB090A

Anyone have any recommendations?

CS-SignSupply

First make sure the blade holder is installed correctly... I believe there is a clip that goes over the collar of the blade holder.

If you have the clip under the blade holder collar, you will get this problem.

Ken

Just have the blade tip sticking out of the holder a wee bit.
Then do the cut test 2.
Do you get three triangles with boxes side by side? You should.
Keep manually adjusing blade till correct.
Ken

I can get it to cut the three triangles....but....it just barely cuts the vinyl...enough to see the cut line...but not enough to weed out the shape. This is with the blade all of the way out....and I can't get the blade to come out any further.....

omgsideburns

How's your cutting strip? If it's got a big groove in it that won't help you.

The blade doesn't need to be out further to cut.. You need more pressure.. Turn the pressure up. I have mine set at 18 for regular vinyl.

Make sure the blade holder is seated properly as shown in the picture.

Attachments

• Cutter Blade Holder.jpg
    Cutter Blade Holder.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 95

fresh

it could be the bearings in the cartridge. we were having problems last year and this is how we fixed it:
1. check the cutting strip, that was part of our problem. you can peel it up and flip it if the left side of your machine doesn't get much use on that side.
2. Crazy insane fix I got from someone at Beacon Graphics - put a drop of olive oil in the cartridge and blow it out. what we thought was going to be an expensive fix turned out to be nothing. the blue cartridge thingy has worked well for over a year with this tip.
3. up your pressure, we usually have it around 19 or 20 (its at 16 right now but we just put a new blade and finally changed the cartridge last week.)

rcook99

Only a little bit of the blade should show as suggested in an earlier post. Also turn up your pressure to 18 and work your way up. Depending on the blade sharpness you may have to go up to 20. This is based on my FC7000 using Oracal 651.

Thanks to everyone for the help. It turns out that I didn't have the blade holder seated all of the way down. Never even noticed the could happen....thanks for the picture!