• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC-7000 getting stuck on Cross-Cut

whatsinaname

Hi Folks,

I am getting a Y-position alarm when trying to Cross-cut using the Cross-Cut option on my Graphtec FC-7000Mk2. When I restart the plotter the Cutting head gets back to the left-end of the plotter and again Beeps..Y-position Alarm again. I tried getting back the head in the center position and engaged the Cross-Cut function again..But the problem persists. What could be the problem ? Eagerly waiting for a solution.

Thnx
Jainy

whatsinaname

I do have a clamp at the left side..A Small 1.5" Rod/clamp...But that has been there since I got it..It used to cut perfectly before..

Neil

I had this happen when I first got my FC 7000. Had to get a tech to come out and fix it.
It was an adjustment to a sensor or lever in the cutting head assembly. When it goes up to meet the rod it activates the sensor/lever thing. If it's not adjusted to the right limit it will activate the Y position alarm.

whatsinaname

Thanx a million Neil..BTW can you advise in detail what kind of adjustments the tech support had made ? Unfortunately tech support from the dealer in my locality is rubbish. They want me to fix this thing over the phone..:banghead:

Compilla

Thanx a million Neil..BTW can you advise in detail what kind of adjustments the tech support had made ? Unfortunately tech support from the dealer in my locality is rubbish. They want me to fix this thing over the phone..:banghead:

Please Do!!!