Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphtec FC-7000 getting stuck on Cross-Cut

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by whatsinaname, Jan 7, 2009.

1. whatsinaname

whatsinaname Member

May 6, 2008
    HongKong
    Hi Folks,

I am getting a Y-position alarm when trying to Cross-cut using the Cross-Cut option on my Graphtec FC-7000Mk2. When I restart the plotter the Cutting head gets back to the left-end of the plotter and again Beeps..Y-position Alarm again. I tried getting back the head in the center position and engaged the Cross-Cut function again..But the problem persists. What could be the problem ? Eagerly waiting for a solution.

Thnx
    Jainy

2. jasonx

jasonx Very Active Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Australia
    Have you got the spare/unsued clamp things all the way to the left?

3. whatsinaname

whatsinaname Member

May 6, 2008
    HongKong
    I do have a clamp at the left side..A Small 1.5" Rod/clamp...But that has been there since I got it..It used to cut perfectly before..

4. Neil

Neil Member

Aug 25, 2005
    Adelaide, South Australia
    I had this happen when I first got my FC 7000. Had to get a tech to come out and fix it.
    It was an adjustment to a sensor or lever in the cutting head assembly. When it goes up to meet the rod it activates the sensor/lever thing. If it's not adjusted to the right limit it will activate the Y position alarm.

5. whatsinaname

whatsinaname Member

May 6, 2008
    HongKong
    Thanx a million Neil..BTW can you advise in detail what kind of adjustments the tech support had made ? Unfortunately tech support from the dealer in my locality is rubbish. They want me to fix this thing over the phone..:banghead:

6. Compilla

Compilla Active Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Please Do!!!