• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC-8000 -130 cutting issue

jsthunter

We have a Graphtec FC 8000 130 that up until very recently started having poor cutting performance. I mostly cut 3mil 3m vinyl with settings at 17 and the blue depth dial dial set at one full turn back from all the way down.

For some reason (with no changes i can think of). In order to cut the same 3m 3mil I have had to increase my force to 23 and the blue dia back about 2 notches. The output is not good but acceptable. What happened?? Any suggestions appreciated.

Blade CB09UA-1

Display Readout....
1. Indoor Vinyl
CB09U +0 s30 f23

New to this , Please pardon incorrect lingo or forum room

Justin

jsthunter

the blade is new..however, the cutting strip you speak of..(i figure is that black plastic piece that runs the length of the machine) is ripped and scratched all to he** it appears that it may have been sanded down as well.

Replacing that piece does not look simple. unless there is a tool to pull it out of the groove that it is in. Are you familiar with that task...Thank you for your reply!!

CS-SignSupply-TT

Cutting strip for FC8000!

the blade is new..however, the cutting strip you speak of..(i figure is that black plastic piece that runs the length of the machine) is ripped and scratched all to he** it appears that it may have been sanded down as well.

Replacing that piece does not look simple. unless there is a tool to pull it out of the groove that it is in. Are you familiar with that task...Thank you for your reply!!

Please contact me at your convenience. We can get you back together quickly.

lazaros

the cutting stripe is sticked just like vinyl. When you remove it make sure you clean the machine well as to remove all the glue left from the previous stripe. This way the new stripe will sit well on the machine... over alla it is very easy to change even though i find it overpriced!

jsthunter

Thank you very much for your response..that was basically what i was trying to explain. I did not realize it was channeled in there and had just adhesive on the bottom to hold it in place. I will tug harder now to get the old strip out and clean the trough as u mentioned...

Regards

Justin

mopar691

I actually just destroyed mine this morning. Sent wrong profile.

Settings for contouring laminated 3651RA tends to shred Siser ColorPrint PU quite nicely.

Ours had a problem of the blade not turning in the holder which made the cuts poor.

See if you can spin the blade with your finger there needs to be no resistance.

yeah and the cutting strip lol