• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Graphtec FC 8000 64"

Mike G

I have a Graphtec FC 8000 - 64" that cuts vinyl well, but has some problems with print/cut. It loses the registration marks. I am thinking about replacing it, but I am not sure what to ask if I sell it? Any suggestions?

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
I have had issues in the past with Onyx driving a FC8000 not finding registration marks and it was super frustrating. We never were able to get it perfect. Sometimes it would miss the marks 9 out of 10 times and then it would find them some how and begin cutting.

timgo

Graphics Designer
I have a Graphtec FC 8000 - 64" that cuts vinyl well, but has some problems with print/cut. It loses the registration marks. I am thinking about replacing it, but I am not sure what to ask if I sell it? Any suggestions?

What's your Windows version?

unclebun

Odd. I've been using an FC8000 for a long time with Onyx, and never had any trouble cutting from Onyx with it.

unclebun

It's really simple. We have two different plotters, an old Mimaki and the Graphtec. When printing the job you select the cutter in Onyx while you're preflighting it (we have a Quick Set that makes it go to the one you want). It prints the registration marks itself; I don't have to do anything other than tell it which cutter I want. Then you go to the computer that runs the cutter and open the CutServer software. The jobs will automatically appear in the cutserver if you have set the hot folders correctly. You put the vinyl in the plotter, and initialize the plotter. Then move the blade into the first corner of the registration marks, and press no buttons; just leave it there. From the CutServer, select the cut job and click the cut button. That's it.

unclebun

We print from Corel Draw, so we do have a custom palette with the color CutContour in it (you can make it any color but we use C0M1Y0K0). You use that color as the pen line (using the outline pen) for any shapes you want the plotter to cut. In the Quick Set you check the box "Use Cutter Path Prefix" and fill in CutContour as the prefix. You don't need to do anything with spot colors in the preflight (Job Editor).

richsweeney

Shot in the dark, are you making you have at least 1 inch from the arrow on both the top and bottom of the sheet?