• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC 8000 - Adjust default origin

SqueeGee

When media is loaded, the front media sensor finds the edge of the media and then retracts the media back about a 1/2" an inch which becomes the default origin point. I'm wondering if we can change the setting for how much the media retracts(or advances) after the media sensor finds the edge of the material.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Answering a question with a question? Please. But, as obtuse are you appear, I'll expand. What do you gain by moving the origin back? If you simply must move it back just press whatever arrows you need until the position of the media and carriage pleases you and then press the 'Origin' button. Voila, origin relocated.

SqueeGee

I agree. Answering a question with a question is rather asinine. Who would do such a thing? And perhaps more importantly, why? Thanks for the entertainment today, bob.

I'm well versed in the method bob describes to move the origin.

I can't find that there's a user editable setting to change where the default origin is automatically placed. My bet is that it can't be changed but was hoping that someone here would prove me wrong.