• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Graphtec FC-9000-140 not cutting on the far left of the vinyl

trafficbarriersolutions

TRAFFIC & BARRIER SOLUTIONS, LLC
Hi,
I am having an issue with my Graphtec plotter. I am trying to make 24-inch signage fit 2 jobs to the 48-inch roll to cut both signs and not waste vinyl. Unfortunately, every time I use Flexi to send the job to the plotter, it does not cut the full border on the left side. It has plenty of space to cut the border out. It just doesn't cut the border fully. The first one on the right side has no problem cutting it. It is the second one on the left side that doesn't cut it fully. Is it something that I have to fix in Flexi Production Manager or Default Job Properties? Or is it in the plotter settings on "COND./TEST"? How do I fix this issue on my Graphtec FC-9000-140?

Last edited:

cmoist

Usually this is to do with the leftmost pinch roller not being far enough outside the registration marks or artwork. Typically you can't get 48 inches of cutting out of a 48 inch roll, as it's not wide enough to accommodate the artwork and have enough space for the pinch rollers. If I need to cut all the way to the edge, I'll set the leftmost pinch roller off the left of the media in the next available roller slot and just use three rollers on the vinyl.

trafficbarriersolutions

TRAFFIC & BARRIER SOLUTIONS, LLC
Usually this is to do with the leftmost pinch roller not being far enough outside the registration marks or artwork. Typically you can't get 48 inches of cutting out of a 48 inch roll, as it's not wide enough to accommodate the artwork and have enough space for the pinch rollers. If I need to cut all the way to the edge, I'll set the leftmost pinch roller off the left of the media in the next available roller slot and just use three rollers on the vinyl.
Thank you so much!! That was the problem. The 4th roller was on the vinyl when it should've been on the 54-inch mark on the Graphtec. The other 3 rollers should be on the vinyl spaced out evenly while the 4th one is just for calibrating the full 48-inch job outside the vinyl.