• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC2250 operation in tilted position / Y-motor buzzing

kaavain

Hello All!

I'm using 2x FC2250 plotters. One for 8 years and 1 for 6 years already. Both in tilted position, table is about 55-60 degr. to horizontal. I'm concerning about behavior of the pen block while in "pause" - top-right position. The thing is that in this position Y-motor seems to get a signal that penblock moves down for a micron, so it makes step up, then block moves again down and so on with frequency of 30-50 Hz.

As a result, the Y-motor in PAUSE produces a buzzing noise or, sometimes, rhythmic sound like "UP-down-down-Up-down-down" with frequency of 2-3 Hz.

I'm concerning of this, because the Y-motor is expensive (you wouldn't believe that in Finland it is 800 euro and in Russia it is 500 euro!!! Stupid and not the best servo-motor!) On my old plotter I've already replaced one (thanks to Ukraine - bought there for just $200, as this amount now is huge there). The motor damage was the wear-out bearing, so I made a conclusion that unnecessary movement is bad for this motor...

So my questions for FC2250/2240 owners and technical guys:

1. Does your plotter produces the same thing with the same sound?
2. May be the reason of this wrong (excessive/weak) Y-motor's belt tension? Actually while installing the new motor, I had no gauge so I set the tension just "feel to be the same" as it was...
3. Is it any deep settings of 2250 to make HOME position not top-right but bottom-right? This will also save a Y-motor yield with no inconvenience at all...

Many thanks to all!

PS: If needed I could share the source of really cheap (couple of bucks) and fairly reliable CB15U blades. I'm cutting hard film, mylar 125 mic, and one blade works for two-three moths! Also I found a good supplier of CB15U blade's holder, for $15 and it works fine, cut preciously and so far works for 6 months without visible signs to be dead...

woolly

Hi

by the sounds of it i would investigate the belt further slightest slack and the head will chatter mine will sit quietly 99% of the time.
my head home position is bottom left thought that was it.
personally i would not be cutting difficult stuff with the bed tilted just adds extra strain to it all

all good on the knife front have several cheap holders with different blades in them

i am looking for a creaser attachment if you know of one

chris

kaavain

Hi

by the sounds of it i would investigate the belt further slightest slack and the head will chatter mine will sit quietly 99% of the time.
my head home position is bottom left thought that was it.
personally i would not be cutting difficult stuff with the bed tilted just adds extra strain to it all

all good on the knife front have several cheap holders with different blades in them

i am looking for a creaser attachment if you know of one

chris

Sorry, I wrote HOME position while I mean PAUSE position.
As per belt, you mean belt in the Y arm?
And tilted is the one available choice for me, very small room...

Sorry, never use creaser.

woolly

Never looked to hard as no need too
notice there are 3 y belts and quite a lot of tension
presume you have a manual message me if not