• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec fc3100-120--should I buy?

Kleonard

I've found a Graphtec fc3100-120 for sale by a person who has never used it. She's had it for 2 years and was told ALL it needed was a blade holder.
I'm wondering...if it has sat idle (covered in plastic) for 2 years, what more could it need besides the blade holder and blade. She knows nothing about the machine and is not a sign maker. She received it as partial payment for work she did for a sign maker. Should I be concerned about belts, etc? If so, what kind of expense might i get into just getting it up and running? Also...I've been out of the sign world for 5 years...what kind of RIP program will i need? (inexpensive preferrably) I use Adobe CC (creative cloud) for graphics...what will work? Thanks in advance :)

Bill Modzel

I ran a FC2100 for many years and it was a tank.
Go to Graphtec's website and see if there are any drivers and Cutting Master plug in's available. I doubt that there are any new enough for CC apps though. I think that they have a special section for the older plotters.

brush1

16 years with Graphtec. Never ever any complains.
I run Gerber Omega and I don't have any clue about software....I'm sorry can't help with it.