• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC5100 Cutter Plotter PLEASE HELP!

Amocat1

So Here's the story, Bought this FC5100-100 42" plotter off ebay and it's seems UPS made a :Oops: DROP Shipment :banghead: they Damage the Side plastic, import ports and the Pen Block.
111.jpg

GetAttachmen.jpg

I called my normal vendors and techs they all say "package it and sent it to graptec", $1,000.00 for the block & other parts, labor plus Shipping ($400) both ways. I say no way is this worth it so I ran some tests on the machine.

1st - USB works
2nd - interface still operates
3rd - Motors and servos are good
4th - Vinyl tracks Fine
5th - plastic is only cosmedic

Now the Damage :doh:
The pen block or head is got a 1/4 of play which causes uneven cuts as shown by the test. The red vinyl was cut with a small amount of pressure by me pushing down on the block to keep support when cutting
DSCI0027.jpg

Pen block without cover
DSCI0114.jpg

Possible Pen Block on Ebay?http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5818074926&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
2 Rollers I think that could be bent (photo is from the back toward the pen block)
GetAttachment.jpg

Ports and plastic damage
GetAttachment1.jpg

Now I'm pretty sure this can be fixed with some effort and make a good workhorse of a machine.

Any positive advice, service manuals or instuctions on how to FIX will be of Much Thanks!:signs101:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Do you actually know if the shipper damaged the machine? If UPS damaged it then UPS is liable to make things right. Did you contact UPS to make a claim?