• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC7000-130 Not reading reg marks!

nopalito24

I say your other video, and noticed that your left roller is way inside.. It will never work, the roller needs to be on the outside like the righ roller.

wwinc

I placed the outer rollers as close to the edge of the media as will allow. I readjusted the media position to make this possible due to roller position restriction on the machine its self. I still had the same issue.

As for the marks being to close to the design I guess I'll have to make my canvas a little bigger because cuttingmaster2 places them automatically. I'll definitely give that a try. I am using 60 in media that I cut down however it is over 30 inches still. I have attempted to reinstall drivers twice already. The machine contour cuts blank media just like it is supposed to. I have performed a data dump and it seems the machines (my PC and the Plotter) are communicating properly.

On my next print I am going to use Graphtec reg marks 1. I will position my rollers to be at least 1/2 inch outside the outer reg marks. I will trim my media to be 1 inch outside the reg marks. Then after the print is loaded onto the plotter I will try to plot via Ai cutting master2 plug-in.

MediumPace

So do you do a manual scan on all 4 marks? Please explain more how you do this. thnx :thumb:

Well, from watching your video, I think you might have the same settings as I do already. If you don't, I went to "Auto Reg. Mark" in the menu, then in "Auto Scan", I set it to "OFF". It was turned on by default on my machine with caused it to do a goffy search all over the media trying to find the first registration mark.

Your registration marks on your print look very thick to me. Mine are as thin as a pencil mark. Is there a reason you made them thicker then the default CM2 thickness?

One more thought... Is your media laminated? I found that the eye had problems reading laminated things. Personal experience... however, I have not tried how to reads a matte laminated graphic yet.

wwinc

Well, from watching your video, I think you might have the same settings as I do already. If you don't, I went to "Auto Reg. Mark" in the menu, then in "Auto Scan", I set it to "OFF". It was turned on by default on my machine with caused it to do a goffy search all over the media trying to find the first registration mark.

One more thought... Is your media laminated? I found that the eye had problems reading laminated things. Personal experience... however, I have not tried how to reads a matte laminated graphic yet.

I cannot find any "Auto Scan" option anywhere let alone under the "Auto Reg. Mark". The media is not laminated either. I'll be printing soon later on today so we will see what happens with reg mark 1 and thinner reg marks placed farther from the image. Any other ideas?

nopalito24

First, to turn the Auto Scan featur ON or Off:
Menu, Next until you see BackRoundSettings, select BG, Next until you see Mark Auto Scan, if you turn it off- you'll have to place the tip of the knife inside the first mark when prompted by the software.

Second, your able to have control of there the marks are placed by cutting master: make a rectangle around the image- this rectangle will be your reference or guide, now if you made a rectangle you will now see a "Use Rectangle"option highlighted in the Registration mark box of cutting master, check the box and then hit ok- your marks will appear right where the corners of your regtangle are.

- you might want to visit the Graphtec website for tutorial videos or go to youtube and type in Graphte FC7000 for more tutorials.

To be Frank I think that base upon you questions and the videos that you posted I think the problem is also your procedure-if you never done print a cut w/ a graphtec you must know the steps and sometimes it can get confusing if someone tells you how to do it. but believe me once you know you'll find out how easy it is. but I do think your on the right track.

wwinc

First, to turn the Auto Scan featur ON or Off:
Menu, Next until you see BackRoundSettings, select BG, Next until you see Mark Auto Scan, if you turn it off- you'll have to place the tip of the knife inside the first mark when prompted by the software.

Second, your able to have control of there the marks are placed by cutting master: make a rectangle around the image- this rectangle will be your reference or guide, now if you made a rectangle you will now see a "Use Rectangle"option highlighted in the Registration mark box of cutting master, check the box and then hit ok- your marks will appear right where the corners of your regtangle are.

- you might want to visit the Graphtec website for tutorial videos or go to youtube and type in Graphte FC7000 for more tutorials.

To be Frank I think that base upon you questions and the videos that you posted I think the problem is also your procedure-if you never done print a cut w/ a graphtec you must know the steps and sometimes it can get confusing if someone tells you how to do it. but believe me once you know you'll find out how easy it is. but I do think your on the right track.

Thanks for helping me find auto scan!! When I look in the user manual I cannot find it. It was on. I completly forgot about making the reg marks from a box also. :doh:. The first time I ever even seen a plotter was 2 months ago. Just got the 7000 last week. The machine is really cool. Like mentioned prior I come from a web based graphic background. I have also had to learn how to print as well. For this Graphtec I just wanna thank you all for the support. I cannot find anyone local and this is a sweet resource. :rock-n-roll:

I have watched all the videos on the Graphtec site as well as youtube and I guess I missed some things. I am going to watch soem more tuts.

wwinc

If my printer is over spraying a little on my reg marks could that cause it not reg properly?

ashleighfiddler

I have worked with that exact setup and it took forever to get everything nailed down to where it was operating smoothly and predictably every time.

WWinc, the overspray could definitely affect the registration. In my experience anything that's not supposed to be there, even if it's small will cause registration errors. Maybe put a white rectangle behind your artwork with some extra space around the artwork and when you assign the registration marks, have it go off the rectangle instead of the actual artwork? I think that would set the registration marks far enough away where overspray wouldn't hit them. good luck!