Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphtec FC7000-160 Re-Align Rollers

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by press52, Jun 14, 2013.

1. press52

press52 New Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Hi All,

Does anyone know how this plotter detects the pinch rollers? I keep getting a re-align roller error on my far left rollers when I place them in spot designated on the frame, but if I move them slightly to the right, they read. I know I can shut them off, but I thought I would clean them. But I can't find them!

Tags:
  2. nopalito24

nopalito24 Member

Feb 4, 2010
    So Cal
    most likely you have a damaged(separted) Y pulley. If you remove the right side cover you'll see a pulley that is made up of 2 parts, a cylindrical pc. and a round pc. over the cylindrical pc you'll see the big carriage belt, on on the round pc. you'll see the Y drive belt going to the motor. This pulley is made up of 2 pc's that are glued together. In some cases you'll see a separation between the 2 so that will be easy to see, in some you don't so grab the head w/ one hand and w/ the other brab the round pc. Move the head placing a little bit of force on it as you are holding the pulley, the head should not move, if it does that the pulley is sliding and you've found the issue, call Graphtec for the part #

3. woolly

woolly Active Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Cornwall uk
    Thanks for that gem of information as I have similar but intermittent problem.

The roller position is read by a eye on the head there is a small vertical blade above the wheel