• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC7000-160 Re-Align Rollers

press52

Hi All,

Does anyone know how this plotter detects the pinch rollers? I keep getting a re-align roller error on my far left rollers when I place them in spot designated on the frame, but if I move them slightly to the right, they read. I know I can shut them off, but I thought I would clean them. But I can't find them!

nopalito24

most likely you have a damaged(separted) Y pulley. If you remove the right side cover you'll see a pulley that is made up of 2 parts, a cylindrical pc. and a round pc. over the cylindrical pc you'll see the big carriage belt, on on the round pc. you'll see the Y drive belt going to the motor. This pulley is made up of 2 pc's that are glued together. In some cases you'll see a separation between the 2 so that will be easy to see, in some you don't so grab the head w/ one hand and w/ the other brab the round pc. Move the head placing a little bit of force on it as you are holding the pulley, the head should not move, if it does that the pulley is sliding and you've found the issue, call Graphtec for the part #

woolly

Thanks for that gem of information as I have similar but intermittent problem.

The roller position is read by a eye on the head there is a small vertical blade above the wheel