Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphtec FC7000 advice.

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by uneedasign, Mar 8, 2006.

1. uneedasign

uneedasign Active Member

Jun 24, 2005
    Palm Desert CA
    I have a Graphtec FC7000-130 that is only 2 weeks old. I noticed that the firmware on my plotter is version 1.2, and the latest is 1.52. My question is, should I update, or leave things alone. The plotter seems to be working just fine. Is their any advantages/disadvantages to updating?

:help:

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Assuming it's a free firmware update, my opinion would be to do the update. It most likely contains bug fixes and/or additional capabilities. I doubt there would be any loss of functions. In short, no reason not to do it.

3. uneedasign

uneedasign Active Member

Jun 24, 2005
    Palm Desert CA
    Thanks Fred

4. srt10x3

srt10x3 Member

Jan 26, 2006
    If it aint broke why fix it. Lost production time to upgrade, potential for fubaring your firmware and not being able to get your machine running again.

Is the risk worth the reward?

Craig

5. Howard Keiper

Howard Keiper Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Upping to 1.52 will benefit you if you pounce.
    hk

6. dzign

dzign Member

Aug 25, 2005
    El Monte, CA
    Need latest firmware update for FC7000-130

Is there a way to see which firmware version the machine has before updating? Please provide a link for this update and any instructions to do this update.

Thanx.

7. Howard Keiper

Howard Keiper Member

Aug 17, 2005
    If you have a computer and use USB port, then do the upgrade. It takes all of 3-5 minutes. You can get the necessary instrucyions from either your dealer or from Graphtec. It is a really simple operation...even I've done it.
    HK

8. king_clay

king_clay New Member

Jan 5, 2006
    graphtec sheeting

A little off topic but might be a common need. Can't figure out to run 10 of the same design and have cutter cut off sheet with design, and then repeat, until all ten are cut and sheeted with out operator intervention.
    So far all we have been able to do is send a job to make 1 cut and sheet. Then operator has to send job again, cuts, sheets. Then operator has to do it again.
    PS. it's a FC7000-160

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006