• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC7000 FC8000 Series Service Menu

SlamMan

I'm putting this thread here as a little FYI for others to find as needed. Our plotter was having some issues cross cutting and we had to adjust the cross cutter position to fix it.

To get into the service menu on the Graphtec FC7000 series plotter hold down the "TEST" and "ENTER" buttons while turning on the machine. The machine will skip the roll-1/roll-2 screen and the maintenance/service menu options will be available when you hit the menu button.

To get into the service menu on the Graphtec FC8000 series plotter hold down the "FAST" and "ENTER" buttons while turning on the machine. The machine will skip the roll-1/roll-2 screen and the maintenance/service menu options will be available when you hit the menu button.

Compilla

Thanks for sharing, but what exactly was the issue and what you did yo correct it?

It may help other as well...

:thankyou:

SlamMan

Our plotter started cutting horribly yesterday and I noticed the head was slightly loose on the track. I took it apart to tighten the rollers down to the track. I got them tightened down but unfortunately after all that work it turned out to be the blade holder going bad. I'm assuming the bearing just went out. It's 4 years old though...

Long story short, you'll notice, when beginning a cross cut, the head travels all the way to the left of the machine and uses that metal pin to depress a button in the head that engages the the cross cut knife. After reassembling the plotter, the cross cut blade wouldn't engage because the head wouldn't travel over far enough so I had to go into the service menu and adjust the cross cutter position to fix it.

Hope that helps. It may come in handy for someone in the future too. This is the 2nd time I've had to do it now.

cartoad

Will have to watch for this, our plotter is almost 4 years old too, and today had to order a cuting blade holder, as the original was wo. This was demonstrated by smaller cuts of 1 inch or less letters not being cut strait.

CheapVehicleWrap

I could, but I want it to cut strips automatically and I can not find the command anywhere. I understand the command will only work in roll and not sheet mode.

You can also use this menu to access the number of pinch rollers your FC8000 thinks it has. So if you get a new pinch roller assembly you could add it to your existing machine and have the machine read it for material width.