• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC7000 Perf Cuts

Imminent Death

Our rep who sold us our plotter and printer came in to our shop today. He mentioned that we could do Perf Cuts on our FC7000 130... so I've been on a quest to figure this out.

I went to Graphtec's site and watched the videos on how to do Perf Cuts. There's a certain step I get to that I can't get past and I need help.

It's at the point where I'm assigning Conditions. I get my cut lines set up in Illustrator, and adjust Condition 1 for a normal cut while Condition 2 is set to cut through the material. From there the video says to do this:

From the main screen I hit Next (x2) > F3 for Function 1, F1 for Perf Line Type > .........

...at this point the video says to hit F2 to assign the condition, but I have no option for F2! I can select the line type (1-8), but that's it.

Are there written instructions on this? I'd check our manual, but we've moved a bunch of stuff around and it's currently MIA. Is someone nice enough to explain the whole process?

Thanks in advance.

Case

what version of the firmware of the plotter are you at? i'm sure you need to update it and that's why you have no option for F2(i believe you had to be at firmware 1.7 or higher to select individual conditions to apply the perf) which you would be able to select from condition 1-8 then and assign which condition that you want to have the perf cutting turned on to. the latest firmware is 1.9 for the fc7000. You can find it under the support tab under your dealers website under file downloads. let me know, i seem to help you a lot. tell chad(your rep) i said hi.

you can see what firmware the plotter is at right when you turn it on, it will read on the display.

case

Last edited:

Imminent Death

what version of the firmware of the plotter are you at? i'm sure you need to update it and that's why you have no option for F2(i believe you had to be at firmware 1.7 or higher to select individual conditions to apply the perf) which you would be able to select from condition 1-8 then and assign which condition that you want to have the perf cutting turned on to. the latest firmware is 1.9 for the fc7000. You can find it under the support tab under your dealers website under file downloads. let me know, i seem to help you a lot. tell chad(your rep) i said hi.

you can see what firmware the plotter is at right when you turn it on, it will read on the display.

case

Chad actually came in yesterday, but next time I see him I'll tell him you said hi. Will he know you by "Case"? Hahaha... are you Casey with Advantage? This is Jay with Everywhere Signs.

Sweet fancy Moses, my firmware is 1.6! I'll go to Advantage's website right now and get that firmware update.

Thanks Case!

woolly

hi the instructions are in the service manual downloaded from graphtec.
you should fit a felt cutting strip before doing this, but when fitted normal vinyl cutting is downgraded i can explain how to over come this should you wish to continue.
graphtec sell this machine for cutting dress patterns, and i use this function for checking full panel flood coats cut to shape before fitting. by half cutting plotting paper.

unfortunately the tangental summa have the graphtec licked when it comes to this.
if half cutting out stickers after contour cutting then dont weed, as it helps keep it all together better.

woolly

Case

Chad actually came in yesterday, but next time I see him I'll tell him you said hi. Will he know you by "Case"? Hahaha... are you Casey with Advantage? This is Jay with Everywhere Signs.

Sweet fancy Moses, my firmware is 1.6! I'll go to Advantage's website right now and get that firmware update.

Thanks Case!

I might be that guy. I'm usually out all day, but I get on here and post when I can. You have a lil trouble with the firmware? Don't be putting the plotter in japanese/chinese...haha Did you get it all straightened out? Let me know... I'm always checking in when I can...

Case

Imminent Death

I might be that guy. I'm usually out all day, but I get on here and post when I can. You have a lil trouble with the firmware? Don't be putting the plotter in japanese/chinese...haha Did you get it all straightened out? Let me know... I'm always checking in when I can...

Case

We actually got everything back in gear. I found the Menu Tree for the Graphtec online and just followed it to the language selection.

I've got the hang of how to do perf cuts now. The only problem is getting the blade to cut the perf line remotely clean. The plotter seems to "eat up" the material. I've tried doing the blade adjust, but it either cuts too deep or just barely all the way through. I'm still messing with it though.

Case

We actually got everything back in gear. I found the Menu Tree for the Graphtec online and just followed it to the language selection.

I've got the hang of how to do perf cuts now. The only problem is getting the blade to cut the perf line remotely clean. The plotter seems to "eat up" the material. I've tried doing the blade adjust, but it either cuts too deep or just barely all the way through. I'm still messing with it though.

What number are you making the perf cut line type??? We have had best results with #4 which is .35mm of seperation... The lower the value, the easier to seperate in most cases. It also varies with different types of media though.

Also you can hold the down arrow while turning the plotter on and it goes straight to the language selection.

I'll talk to you later. How's the JV3 running?

Case

Imminent Death

What number are you making the perf cut line type??? We have had best results with #4 which is .35mm of seperation... The lower the value, the easier to seperate in most cases. It also varies with different types of media though.

Also you can hold the down arrow while turning the plotter on and it goes straight to the language selection.

I'll talk to you later. How's the JV3 running?

Case

Well, I have Condition 2 (my perf cut) set to 25 for 3651 Orajet. If I set it to 24 it doesn't cut all the way through. I guess I've never really grasped adjusting the blade.

The JV3 is running great! We haven't had any more problems with our magenta cartridges (thanks again for you help on that, by the way) and I learned how to do more extensive cleanings on it than I used to know. I gave it a good internal scrub down yesterday and it's printing clearer than ever. Huzzah!