• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC7000

Carol Brunswick

I had another issue to I tried setting plotter back to factory default
Well my plotter now shows Japanese.
How do I get it back to English?
Thanks! Carol

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Try this:

With the machine in "menu mode"(menu light should be on) press next 4 times. (1 time to display the first menu and the 3 to get to the proper one)

Now press F2. The first option under F2 should be display language. I'm not sure how to change the setting but I'm assuming there are arrow buttons of some sort.

Good Luck!

Carol Brunswick

Graphtec FC7000 realign roller error message

Now when I load media the pen will read to 32" or so and won't read to the end of 48" media
I get a "Realign Rollers" message?
The rollers are aligned in the correct place. I'm stumped, I just used 48" media Monday.
Any suggestions?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have two ideas:

1. When you set it back to factory defaults it may have reset the parameters that tell the machine which model it is. Tech support at Graphtec would know how to fix that better than me.

2. Check the gear on the right side of the machine that pushes the cutter back and forth. It has a wider plastic gear(motor belt attaches to this side) fused onto a skinny plastic gear(the belt that connects to the tool carriage connects to this part). It looks like one gear but sometimes the two will disconnect from each other causing the wider gear to slip when the motor tries to move the tool carriage. This throws off the main board's ability to accurately tell how far the carriage has moved which means when it senses the pinch roller, it thinks it is not in the proper position.