• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

graphtec FC7000MK2-75 not cutting heat press

Msrae

Rae
I recently bought a used Graphtec FC-7000 and after getting over the slight learning curve I think I have it pretty figured. I can cut the regular vinyl fine, and the cuts come out great. However, when I try to cut heat press I have a lot of issue. The first part of the cut works ok, but then it seems to get lighter and lighter toward the left of the sheet. I have tried several different pressures. I tried a harder pressure and all that did was cut through the backing film on the left side but it still didn't completely cut through the heat press on the left (left as I am looking at the front of the machine, so I guess technically it is the right of the machine if you are going from the back).

I have played with it for a while now and I can't seem to get it to work. Any tips? Could it be that I need a completely different blade to cut heat press?

I would think it was the machine itself but the vinyl (oracal 651, 631, etc) cuts great.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rachel

Msrae

Rae
Ok, thank you.

I think I solved the problem. The cut strip looked ok, but I think the metal backing plate was slightly damaged/bent in shipping. I got that to lie flatter and it seems to be working well now.

rcook99

First off I see you said you are cutting 651,631. The first question is what type of heat applied material are you trying to cut? Some of that stuff is quite thick and will need more pressure but I can tell you from 7 years experience that I cut 651, 751 and thermoflex all on the same pressure. Blade wise I use http://cleancutblade.com/ and love them. Cut strips I buy for the 54 or 64 inch and cut them down as it is cheaper in the long run. The only time I change blades is for sand blast material and reflective. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. I will gladly give you my settings if you would like. I also do a fair share of print and cut decals with it too and love it. Hope this helps.

Msrae

Rae
First off I see you said you are cutting 651,631. The first question is what type of heat applied material are you trying to cut? Some of that stuff is quite thick and will need more pressure but I can tell you from 7 years experience that I cut 651, 751 and thermoflex all on the same pressure. Blade wise I use http://cleancutblade.com/ and love them. Cut strips I buy for the 54 or 64 inch and cut them down as it is cheaper in the long run. The only time I change blades is for sand blast material and reflective. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. I will gladly give you my settings if you would like. I also do a fair share of print and cut decals with it too and love it. Hope this helps.

Thank you!

the 651 and 631 are just the regular Oracal. I am cutting the heat transfer I am cutting currently is the Siser easyweed. I will send you a PM because I could use some inside on where to buy parts for the cutter. It will probably need a new strip relatively soon (I use it a lot) as well as possibly a new blade holder.

Thanks again.

Rachel