• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC8000-160 My cut is off.

I have no idea what is wrong. I spent all today on the phone with graphtec and Hp and no luck. I print using an hp l25500 and then cut it with a Graphtec Fc8000-160. The cut on the left and right side of the material is correct and the center is off. I tried adjusting the pressure of the rollers...it wasn't that. I then tried completely resetting the Graphtec to factory defaults and re-calibrated the offsets and adjustments. Didn't work. Then we thought it was the printers problem. When it prints there is a slight arch to the print. Hp says lower the passes the drying and the curing temp. Tried that numerous times. Went down 16 degrees to where the print was wet almost and that didn't fix the problem. I can't produce if all I can cut is crappy off center stickers. Please help.:frustrated:

ProWraps

is this contour cutting i would assume? let the entire print cut. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE WEED BORDER SET TO ON in the graphtec cutting software.

tell me if that border cuts EXACTLY through all 4 reg marks or is one is off such as the back left mark.

The problem was bowing in the print. I talked to HP the new firmware update for the L25500 contains a menu for the control panel that takes care of bowing in the print. This should solve the problem.

GRAPHTEC

Please let us know if this firmware solved your ploblem, also when you say bowing in the print do you mean the material is bowing on you or the actual image?\
tnx

bartman

OWNER / OPERATOR
Hey Pro Wraps, I did what you said with the cut of the reg. marks, and it does not cut right on. It seems to be about a sixteenth of an inch off. Some decals cut perfect and others cut great on the right side and slowly get worse towards the left. Do you know something about this?

bartman

OWNER / OPERATOR
I did what you said about cutting reg marks and it is off. Have you had this problem too?... Some decals on the right side of the sheet are perfect and further towards the left, the further off the cut is.

mtrider

Bartman,... i had the same issue just about a week or so ago.... i spoke with graphtec tech support.. they walked me through all the settings.. everything was pretty much on.. except we did change the sensor pressure i believe to a setting that prowraps had suggested in an early post..we also are running a real early version of the firmware .. and they suggested we update.. problem is we run off a mac.. and the update has to be run thru a pc??? we dont have one available but will try with a friends laptop..... ultimately though, we found that the software probably was to blame ( operator error):banghead: our print settings in our rip were different from the cut settings... ??? we thought it was automatic.. but we must have changed something in the presets... call support.. speak to Vincent... Good Luck