• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC8000 Continue Job Question

jasonx

Hey guys,

Just got my machine. Sometimes when doing a job the LCD panel will come up with "Continue Job or Cancel Job" as two options. If I hit continue it keeps going.

What causes this? Is my PC too slow at sending the data to the plotter?

Bigdawg

Just Me
I get that on my FC7000 when it doesn't think there's enough material to finish the job, I just hit continue.

Compilla

Hey guys,

Just got my machine. Sometimes when doing a job the LCD panel will come up with "Continue Job or Cancel Job" as two options. If I hit continue it keeps going.

What causes this? Is my PC too slow at sending the data to the plotter?

Could be a firmware issue.
Make sure you got the latest firmware installed.

rdm01

If your vinyl hops off of the media feed sensor for a flash it will think that the
media is running out. Happens to me sometimes. Just make sure there is
enough to finish the job and hit continue.

jasonx

Thanks for the replies. Hitting continue job worked fine. But say you were doing a longer run it could be a pain.

I was cutting floor graphics to maybe it was lifting off the sensor.

Joop

A little trick about that media sensor... if you think it may hop off and raise off the sensor, put a piece of masking tape over the sensor, the vinyl will run right over the top of it. I kept the tape on the rear sensor 90% of the time, just took it off if I fed in a sheet of vinyl.

Case

If you pre feed your media the distance of the job before cutting the job, you won't have this problem.. Also you could enable auto pre-feed to prevent it from jumping off of the sensor...

Case