• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC8000 Cutting Digitally Printed Jobs On Reflective (Can't Find Crop Marks)

David Snider

We have been digitally printing for 10 plus years and have had several Mimaki's and now we are running 2 HP DesignJets. We have had Mimaki Plotters and now have Graphtec FC8000 Plotters. Printing out of Onyx RIP and cutting out of Onyx CutServer.

All that to say we have never had good success with Printing a job on reflective and being able to effectively cut it out. Inevitably it will not find the marks or it is so inconsistent that it is almost useless to attempt.

We have tried covering the crop marks with scotch tape, we have tried scuffing the area after it has been laminated, we have the crop marks set to print at their darkest setting. We have at various times cut out of Illustrator, all with similar results.

We have called our suppliers and manufacturers...not much help above what was mentioned prior.

Surely there is a way to achieve consistent results.

tbullo

Superunknown
I have a Graphtec plotter as well. If we ever have this problem, we just cover the mark with translucent white and retrace with fine sharpie. But we rarely have this problem. We laminate with luster on reflective.