• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC8000 + Mimaki help

Wily

I have a Mimaki printer & use Raster Link Pro to print. My cutter is a Graphtec FC8000-130. I have a few questions as a newbie to the cutter.

1. Do I have to have a separate tool holder to perf cut or can I use the regular blue blade holder & switch the blade & move it to tool position 3?
  2. What blade is recommended for perf cutting? I've seen CBU15 - is this correct?
  3. Can I print registration marks on the Mimaki & have the Graphtec read them? If so, how?

If anyone can answer any or all of these questions it would be greatly appreciated.

Robert Boyd

I have a Mimaki JV3 and a graphtec fc8000. I use Onyx Postershop
as my RIP. It includes cutting software. You need to check with
your RIP software to see if it is included or an optional add on

vikcho

Hi Wily,
Although I don't have such a setup but, I am planning to have one soon. So I have gathered some details which you might like.
Use the Cutting Master software to create registration marks and then print on your Mimaki. After printing load the media to Graphtec and sent the cutting command using Cutting Master software again.
Don't use Mimaki registration marks they are different from the one used by Graphtec and you might experience problems.
Hope this will help.
Vikram

jasonx

I have a Mimaki printer & use Raster Link Pro to print. My cutter is a Graphtec FC8000-130. I have a few questions as a newbie to the cutter.

1. Do I have to have a separate tool holder to perf cut or can I use the regular blue blade holder & switch the blade & move it to tool position 3?
  2. What blade is recommended for perf cutting? I've seen CBU15 - is this correct?
  3. Can I print registration marks on the Mimaki & have the Graphtec read them? If so, how?

If anyone can answer any or all of these questions it would be greatly appreciated.

1. No you can use the blue tip.
2. I've used both the CB09 and the CBU15. The CBU15 will last longer.
3. You need the cutting master plugin for illustrator or corel draw and you add them before sending the job to print to your mimaki.

Bart

Graphtec seems to like "type2" reg marks best. There is a setting in cut/print 8.0 to include these marks in setup wizard before you send to rip... Hope that helps.