• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC8000 Push Roller Replacement

Sellers15

Has anyone replaced one of the push rollers on their graphtec? I've been having issues with my middle roller having no pressure and I took it apart to see if I could find something. Ended seeing a broken piece of plastic that can from somewhere on the roller assembly. I was thinking about purchasing a new one and installing myself. Wanted to see if anyone knew what I had to take off or what the best way to go about this is.

Joe House

You can still get the part that breaks, just not the whole assembly so you have to remove the assembly and disassemble it and then reassemble with the new piece. It's called the pinch roller base.
Basically you mark where the dogs are on the back with a sharpie so you can put them back in the correct position. Then you have to remove both end covers, lift the pinch wheels and remove the pinch lever handle. Then unscrew the square shaft from the retainers so it can slide out the side. Once that is out of the way, you can move the pinch wheel assemblies to the opening where you can remove them. Replace the base and put everything back together in the reverse order - make sure that the pinch wheels are all in the up position before you slide the square bar back in place - those cams can be tricky to get right.

Good Luck

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
I have fixed two of these.
Used two small pieces of ACM one for each side and a couple of small machine screws with nuts.
Going on two years with no problems.
Just take your time, it took me three tries to get it right.

Attachments

• 20210513_180229.jpg
    20210513_180229.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 132
  • 20210513_181149.jpg
    20210513_181149.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 146
  • 20230630_220022.jpg
    20230630_220022.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 140

Sellers15

I have fixed two of these.
Used two small pieces of ACM one for each side and a couple of small machine screws with nuts.
Going on two years with no problems.
Just take your time, it took me three tries to get it right.
Just took mine off and it was broken at the same exact spot as yours. That's actually a great idea. I might have to try and do something like that. I did find a whole assembly online for $500. Might as well try and fix this one before I go that route.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Just took mine off and it was broken at the same exact spot as yours. That's actually a great idea. I might have to try and do something like that. I did find a whole assembly online for $500. Might as well try and fix this one before I go that route.
Wow $500, last year they were $228.
Take your time, you can do it

Paul Martin

Has anyone replaced one of the push rollers on their graphtec? I've been having issues with my middle roller having no pressure and I took it apart to see if I could find something. Ended seeing a broken piece of plastic that can from somewhere on the roller assembly. I was thinking about purchasing a new one and installing myself. Wanted to see if anyone knew what I had to take off or what the best way to go about this is.
Follow suit on previous post and did the hack with .080 aluminum and is working beautifully. Studs all the way though with nuts. :)

Attachments

• IMG_5781.jpg
    IMG_5781.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5782.jpg
    IMG_5782.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5784.jpg
    IMG_5784.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48