Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Graphtec fc8000

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by albertramsbottom, Feb 13, 2020.

1. albertramsbottom

albertramsbottom New Member

Jan 8, 2014
    UK
    Hi

Just brought a Graphtec FC8000 and we are a few issues. We used to own a 5000-60 so we know how to use these cutters.

When we put a small 12x12" peice of vinyl in it and press the "3" button to select sheet media (the other 2 are roll media), it measures the width of the material but when it try's to measure the length, going through the cutter it just comes through and falls of the cutter in front of us. The grit rollors just go on and on and only stop when we release the pinch rollers. I have made sure that the media is over the front sensor but cant find the rear one?

Also we have got it to work on a couple of occasions but cannot for the life of me see why it has worked and why it hasnt

Any ideas would be great

Tags:
  2. albertramsbottom

albertramsbottom New Member

Jan 8, 2014
    UK
    Just put a cotton bud (q-tip?), down the media sensor hole and it came out black so I have tested and it appears now to work. Will test again and feed back

Cheers

• Like Like x 1