• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC8600 not cutting accurately

Alysson

I am fairly new to using this machine and we didn't get much support setting it up. Lately I have been having issues with it cutting contours accurately. In the attached photos the text should have an even outline but as you can see it is off center to the left.
10hbQtX

We use registration marks and are set to segment area type 1. Machine is a Graphtec FC8600 using CM4 and Illustrator

Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20190926_164447.jpg
    20190926_164447.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 402
  • 20190926_164454.jpg
    20190926_164454.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 343

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Since you didn't show where the cut line should be as well as where it actually is, it's hard to see your problem.

If the error is constant then you need to look at the mark sensor to blade distance adjustment. If not constant is it in the X, Y, or both directions?

Alysson

Since you didn't show where the cut line should be as well as where it actually is, it's hard to see your problem.

If the error is constant then you need to look at the mark sensor to blade distance adjustment. If not constant is it in the X, Y, or both directions?

The error is constant. You can see quite clear on the wildcats decal that their is only a black outline on the left side of the text when it should be on both sides.

I would double check your language setup (GPGL would be preferred for illustrator/cutting master combo and possibly try using type 2 marks without segmented area. Doing anything 48x48 print and cut shouldn't need a segmented type mark. You really only need to add segmented areas when the print and cut is really long.
You can also try hard resetting your machine. There are countless posts about resetting a graphtec. The memory on a graphtec gets bogged down and occasionally they start doing odd things. A full reset gets rid of all of that.