• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC8600 Won't register

I have a job that I can't break up and I have no choice but to register a 12foot section. My issue:
I load the plotter with printed vinyl. Set to first reg. mark. The plotter reads this as normal and continues to try and read the second one. It gets about 6 feet towards the next mark and then starts to rewind back to the beginning. When it gets to the beginning it stops and says position alarm move sensor closer to reg mark. It wasn't even trying to read anything. It's really weird. I reset the machine with no luck, same thing happened. The page length is set to max. Everything in Flexi Prod. Manger is set to correct length. Not sure what I am missing. Is there something to do really long runs. I cut some stuff this morning with only a 4 foot reg. That cut normally. Any help is much appreciated. Or if you need more let me know.

Get Lucky

Cut things that are 10-15ft long all the time With out a problem. I have had the problem you are talking about but I always just restart everything including the computer and it seems to work.

When I setup my cutter I did cut all my speeds for cutting acceleration and deceleration in half. That might be something to look at.

I set all the speeds, force, accel from flexi so the plotter doesn't have to remember anything it gets told when I send a cut. I tried to reset maybe I will try again in the morning when the computer has been reset also and see if it changes anything.

Get Lucky

After skimming the manual the pages you really want to look at 5-18 to 5-26. That what I was messing with when I had problems.

Edit: I don't use Flexi I use Onyx postershop and Cutmaster3 for all of my cutting

After skimming the manual the pages you really want to look at 5-18 to 5-26. That what I was messing with when I had problems.

Edit: I don't use Flexi I use Onyx postershop and Cutmaster3 for all of my cutting

Yea it's not the actual sensor level which is why the error was weird. It reads the first one beautifully then only makes it about half way to the second one and stops and comes back to the start.

Get Lucky

So you are saying that it never even makes it to the second mark.

When I run something that big it does the first mark then cross right to left does the second mark then moves down the print to third mark on the right side. crosses over left to right to the forth mark and so on.

That is the way it runs in both Onyx and Cutmaster3. If it's not doing that then it's a problem with flexie and you would have to contact them or find some other than me with more knowledge of the program.

Are you running adobe because you could always just add the registration marks with the plugin and run it in cutmaster3.

Get Lucky

Sounds like to me you don't have enough registration marks and cutter isn't happy about it. When I make something that big both softwares adds a marks about every two feet or so. The next problem you are going to start having running something that big is drift if you haven't added more pinch rollers to your machine. That is just something to think about if you are going to keep cutting long items.

bgraphix

What kind of vinyl and lam?
How wide is your image or artboard compared to the media?
My FC8000 used to cut in a similar pattern and I was able to cut that length with minimal problems, but I use Onyx and CUT-Server.

What kind of vinyl and lam?

Grimco IM3203

How wide is your image or artboard compared to the media?

54" artboard and 54" media. But the size of the print is 48" reg mark to reg mark.

My FC8000 used to cut in a similar pattern and I was able to cut that length with minimal problems, but I use Onyx and CUT-Server.

jj

bgraphix

Hmmm. So it shouldn't be a problem. Yes, you may have a problem with a drift. When doing long contour cut, as with any contour cut, making sure everything is lined up absolutely straight is what has helped me. I've attached a couple of photos of how I make sure everything is lined up straight. The photo with the ruler is showing how I draw a line at the edge of the media using the registration marks (the top ones). The other photo is how I line it up using those lines I drew when loading the plotter. I use the line along where the cutting strip ends. On the left hand side, I use a piece of tape to hold it in place, then I line up the right side and lower my lever. When I started doing this, I would have very minimal errors. I hope this helps you. You can always private message me if I didn't explain right.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 470
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 474