• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pearlljelly

Pearlljelly
Hello!
I have been using my Graphtec for a while now, self taught. I have been having trouble finding a dealer/tech in the Ontario area, we have emailed our regular tech with no response back about this machine.

My problem: I am getting off cuts in the center, the cuts on the edges are near perfect circles but as it kiss cuts towards the center they begin to shift over, not lining up with the circle it is supposed to cut. I have the weights set to strong and spread evenly throughout the vinyl I am cutting. Is there a way to calibrate it? Why are they okay towards the edges and not the middle? I can print and cut on my Roland vs-540 for the time being but I have some designs that have been printed on my Epson. I am cutting perfect circles and I understand those are the worst for lining up but if I'm lining it up it shouldn't be too much of an issue should it? TIA for the help!

Pearlljelly

Pearlljelly
How large are the sheets? What registration marks are you using?
the sheets are 47in x 54in, I've tried segmented area correction too but sometimes the next cut doesn't line up. Here are the crop marks I use.

Attachments

• 20240314_155639.jpg
    20240314_155639.jpg
    584 KB · Views: 37

jharler

I had similar issues and it turns out it was my printer not printing perfectly. Eliminate that possibility first. I would suggest trying to get your test file printed with a different printer and see if that makes a difference. I was pulling what little hair I have left out trying to diagnose a cutter issue when the cutter was fine.

Pearlljelly

Pearlljelly
I had similar issues and it turns out it was my printer not printing perfectly. Eliminate that possibility first. I would suggest trying to get your test file printed with a different printer and see if that makes a difference. I was pulling what little hair I have left out trying to diagnose a cutter issue when the cutter was fine.
Thanks for the tip, I will try and report back :biggrin:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Unless the printer isn't moving either the media or it's carriage in some bizarre non-linear manner, in which case the circles should not print as circles, it's difficult to comprehend how it could be responsible for this. Assuming that there are at least four registration marks, one in each corner. If the entire print is enclosed by at least the four corners the the entire print image will be re-mapped to fit within that enclosure.

If the plotter isn't plotting in the right place, then the plotter and/or everything associated with it, should be the prime suspect.

jharler

In my case, the linear rail that the print head travels along was slightly warped, causing the print head to go out of alignment in the middle of its travel. It was very slight and if I wasn't cutting stickers with small borders between the graphics and cut lines, it probably would have gone unnoticed. I had a technician here with a gauge measuring it. Even used a $600 precision meter stick to prove that the print was warped. Epson ultimately replaced my printer and now with the same cutter, I don't have the problem.