Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphtec FC9000 reviews and experience

Discussion in 'User Product Reviews' started by Goatshaver, May 26, 2020.

1. Goatshaver

Goatshaver Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Maine
    I had recently bought a Summa D140 and I've been less than pleased with it. I was told I wouldn't have any problems doing die cut stickers on it but after using for a couple of months it's just been terrible for this. I've had to reprint and throw away more material than I should be, which has lead me to looking at the Graphtec FC9000.

Since this has a specific cutting channel for this type of work. I cannot afford to get a flatbed cutter which would be the best solution but not realistic right now. So my next option is the FC9000.

What are you happy with on this machine and the work you produce on it?

What do you not like?

Thanks

Tags:
  2. jimmmi

jimmmi Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Athens Greece
    I think you can compare the FC9000 with the S2 Summa. The D series is more entry level cutter. Graphtec has the channel even previous FC8600 model, and its better for die cut because it doesn't damage the strip and blade. But you have to manually change the blade position. This means double time. First kiss cut then perf cut.

3. Goatshaver

Goatshaver Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Maine
    Yeah I saw you have to change the position of it but it's better than me throwing away half a run because of cutting problems and having to reprint. I'm not concerned with as much speed as I am consistency in just getting jobs cut and done with the least amount of problems.
    I had initially thought about the S2 T but I feel like I'd probably run into the same issues as I am with the D series just with less frequency.

4. BVG

BVG Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Sydney
    We've had our FC8600 for just over a year now. Same situation as you, primary use is die-cut stickers.

Changing the blade position isn't an issue, the jobs where you'll run both a contour cut and a perf cut are few and far between. It's 99% perf cutting over the dedicated channel.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1