• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec HELP (Please)

phototec

Graphtec CF7000

Been working great yesterday and last night, however all the sudden today cutting a 72" graphic, it got about 2" inches form the end and stopped cutting, came up with a load media error.

Well I searched Signs101 and found and old post from 2009 talking about the rear media sensor could be a problem and sometimes you need to cover it up wit tape and this would eliminate the problem.

Now, after the problem I mentioned above, every time I load media and press enter, the cutter starts rolling out media, like 10' onto the floor, so I have to turn off the power switch to make it stop. I have powered down and reloaded the media several times, but can't make it stop rolling out the media.

Each time the head goes through the motions of checking the media on the right, then the left, then just starts spiting out the media, instead of backing up the media and going to the origin point and stopping, ready for a job to be sent to the cutter.

Any ideas whats going one or how to reset the cutter so it stops doing this?

:frustrated:

d fleming

Sounds like it has been reset to start at opposite end. (front v/ rear). Kind of like when all of a sudden the language switches to Italian or Chinese. You should be able to adjust in graphtec config. at media load. Should be roll 1 rear set.

phototec

Sounds like it has been reset to start at opposite end. (front v/ rear). Kind of like when all of a sudden the language switches to Italian or Chinese. You should be able to adjust in graphtec config. at media load. Should be roll 1 rear set.

:goodpost:

WOW, what a life saver, you hit the nail on the head, I feel so stupid, that is exactly what the problem was.

I don't know how it got switched and being that I'm working on a big job and running late, I went into panic MODE, instead of stopping, and checking the most basic and obvious issues first.

I never (EVER) used that setting, so I didn't think to check it.

GREAT JOB!

This is a GREAT SITE, I called Graphtec and sent emails to three techs there, no replays yet, but Signs101 solved the problem, pronto!

Thanks,

:thankyou:

CS-SignSupply-TT

Graphtec tech support

:goodpost:

WOW, what a life saver, you hit the nail on the head, I feel so stupid, that is exactly what the problem was.

I don't know how it got switched and being that I'm working on a big job and running late, I went into panic MODE, instead of stopping, and checking the most basic and obvious issues first.

I never (EVER) used that setting, so I didn't think to check it.

GREAT JOB!

This is a GREAT SITE, I called Graphtec and sent emails to three techs there, no replays yet, but Signs101 solved the problem, pronto!

Thanks,

:thankyou:

Alas, Graphtec sometimes takes 2-3 business days to respond. You are better off contacting a Graphtec dealer or posting on signs101

etf

Graphtec CE5000-120 plotter initialization

I am having trouble with a Graphtec CE 5000-120. When I load the material, latch the rollers and press ENTER to initialize my plot, the potter head moves abruptly about 3-4" to the right and stops, then I get a Y position alarm. I 've tried resetting it several times with no positive results.

Has this happened to any of you? Does anybody know what's causing this and what the fix is?:frustrated: