• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec Help

Hey guys. I'm having trouble with the Graphtec. whenever I try to cut an image everything seems to get out of line. For example if I'm trying to cut the letters A B C D. A will be in one place and B will be almost a quarter inch lower then C will over lap D. At first I was using FlexiEXPERT 7.6v2 and tec support insisted that my problem was that it was not compatible with windows vista. So now $700 later I've upgraded to FlexiEXPERT 8.5v2 and am still having the same problem. so I spent almost all day on the phone with tec support yesterday and now they are telling me that the machine needs to be sent in for repair but they don't know what the problem is. Now be for I send off my machine and can't do any work for who knows how long I just want to make shore it is not a problem on my end. I'm new at this and don"t have much experience using a plotter so Maybe I'm doing something wrong like lining the material up wrong (but I don't think so) or maybe I'm using the wrong kind of material . the material I'm using is very thick I don't know what mil but its for sandblasting. I will try to upload some pictures of the problem.

Attachments

• IMG_0737.jpg
    IMG_0737.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 212

high impact

Looks like maybe the pinch wheels aren't moving the vinyl correctly. Why is the vinyl so indented where the pinch wheels ride???

pinch wheels

I don't know that was one thing I was thinking but I don't think there is a way for me to loosen up on it i can only make them tighter.

I would test using a pen tool and paper media, rather than the sandblast film that you are running. It looks to me like the media may not be designed for computer cutting, and the wheels are not gripping the media properly.

Also, to isolate the plotter from the software, run the 'Cutting Pro' test from the control panel of the Graphtec.

Bob

Ken1f

Doesn't look like the pinch wheels are too tight to me, maybe too loose and letting the material move while plotting. Try loading the material back in and giving it a gentle tug. If you can move it by gently pulling I would try to tighten the wheels.

BobM

Does it look OK on the screen? Does it print OK on a printer? If it's OK there check the pinch rollers and the advance drive motor on the cutter.

Looks Good on the screen and prints out just fine. what are some things I can do to check the pinch rollers what are some tests I can run. and what does that mean advance drive motor on the cutter

theskipman_98

looking at the release liner on the right hand side it looks like the pinchroller hold down is "slipping" or something, but the one on the left looks fine.
May want to check that the grit roller and pinch roller is clean (free of dust, liner, adhesive).

Here is a link to how to load media and other helpfull hints. for the link go to the bottom under "Getting Superior Tracking" : http://www.graphtecamerica.com/insvdo-cuttingplotters.html