• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec JS501-18 Tubing question (ink jet - printer)

x126

I am resurrecting a Graphtec JS501-18 and was hoping someone could advise on a tubing issue.

Just before the dampers there are small metal inserts in the tube which restrict the flow of ink to ( guessing ) 1/10th of the flow. They are seriously clogged and cleaning will be almost impossible.

Can anyone advise if they are even needed at all?

nopalito24

Hello,

No they are not, you can go ahead and remove them.
The most important thing on this kind of machine is ink flow, make sure your dampers are not punctured, really hard to see if they are but you will notice air bubbles in your ink lines if they are.

x126

Thanks "nopalito24" really appreciate the insight!

With that question answered I'll need to move on to the next one. Which is...

Best source for replacement Solvent resistant tubing.

I was told by a Tygon distributor that any Polypropylene Tubing would suffice as an alternative to the Tygon 2375, according to the rep... the Polypropylene Tubing has the same ketone resistance as the Tygon - I am having a hard time believing the rep.

Can anyone here confirm or deny that Polypropylene Tubing is sufficient for solvent inks?

Again thanks in advance for any help

x126

Thanks Robert... I already sourced the tubing - I'll bookmark your site for future needs.

Do you happen to have or know of a place I can get replacement ink cartridges for the js501? I would like to get a new or used set just for cleaning solution.

x126

Yes, I did get the tubing. Thanks for the followup - If you have any other sources I'd like to have them for future reference.

Also regarding a previous comment. I also sourced new 13 new dampers, 2 of which were faulty and 4 new pumps. But I cant seem to get the air out of the lines.