• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

graphtec jx1060

pablo11059

howdy

we have a graphtec jx1060. we are new to the sign making industry. the previous owner had filled the tanks with water and has been sitting there. was wondering if anyone knows what i can do with this as in what can i print on etc... we have corel draw 12 i havent looked for a driver yet as im not even sure what i can do with this printer. any help would be appreciated

thanks

paul

Tel

We have one and used to use it as a printer and cutter, but it was troublesome as a printer and we used resin inks I think an it was costly, nowadays we have far better printers and in fact have disconnected the ink tanks from the machine and use it as a cutter, we also had problems originally as the agent sold my boss a server to run it on, but now we run it as a cutter on flexi. I remember downloading a driver from the graphtec site and using that to print from. It is a hybrid machine and in my experience they just do an alright job of each operation.

pablo11059

TEL

thanks for the reply , i have been looking more into this machine and i was of the same mind. does not seem to do much well, possibly why it was sitting there collecting dust.

thanks again

woolly

as a cutter it was one of the best i have its larger brother and as a printer rubbish but still use it every day as a cutter must be 8-9 years old now, and still cuts as well as a new one, (i have a FC7000-130 as well ).
just look after it

woolly

Doug Hargett

jx1060

I also have a Graphtec JX1060. I have been pretty happy with this. I used the printer a lot, and still would, but it needs a minor repair (replaced ink feeder tube) which is unfortunately a major expense, unless I find a better repair solution.

The printer is "obsolete" in that materials for this cost more than finished prints that can be purchased. It also struggles with UV durability for outdoor use, although there are products that extend the lifetime of prints.

I would still use this for small prints when I am in a hurry for them, especially for shorter term use. And, this printer is paid for, so there is an obvious advantage there!

As a plotter, I still use this all the time, and have been very happy with it.

Tel

We use ours as a cutter every day also along with a CE 1000-60 and a CE 5000-120.
As for the ink feed pipe I changed a couple of them myself an it's quite simple really and inexpensive if you do it yourself.
Regards
Tel