• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec not completing cuts

jiarby

yep,

60° blade come in .9 or 1.5. I like the beefier 1.5 for the 60's and the .9 for the 45.

It also makes blade changing ez! just swap blade holders. That makes it easy to keep the depth the same (bcuz the blader never leaves the holder)

xtremesigns

great - thank you :) I'm going to try the Tangential Emulation thing.....

I really hope that works- this is really a test of patience trying to weed it. I have had other graphtecs too and love them This one was good for months then all of the sudden this problem started, I tried changing the blade, offset, quality to highest, slowing it down, etc that helps some, but it's still not normal.

jiarby

did you grease it?? it may be sticking on the initial blade down move and this is what is creating the gap. the vinyl is moving but the blade isn't there yet.
remove the blade holder, remove the cover and lube where the shaft is that moves up and down.
oilme.jpg

whatsinaname

I think for 8mm film need a 60 Degree blade. if you are using 45 degree will do that

Actually its 8 mil (0.2mm) and not 8mm. Graphtec recommends the default blade is fine for cutting 8 mil paint protection film. So I don't think the blades are any problem.

I think I will have to mess up a little with Offset bcos somebody suggested that the blade is sunken into the film and its actually not the blade tip that is cutting the film but its edges. In normal vinyl, the tip just kisses the surface for cutting and doesn't have to go deep.

xtremesigns

I replaced the blade holder and now my machine is running back to normal - I think the ball bearing inside got messed up somehow. The way I was told by tech to check is to take it out and hold it like a pen and softly make a circle on your hand if you feel it snag a little then you need a new holder.....