• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec not picking up registration marks?

Fuzzbuster

Graphtec FC-7000 MK2 not picking up left registration marks

Does anyone know what the print limit from left edge of media is for registration marks?

Is there one registration mark setting/shape better than the other?

and is there a way to move print limit in flexisign 8.6 to make sure plotter will pick up the marks on left side

I`m obviously printing to wide but only with multiple decals ...

Thanks in advance

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Graphtec FC-7000 MK2 not picking up left registration marks

Does anyone know what the print limit from left edge of media is for registration marks?

Is there one registration mark setting/shape better than the other?

and is there a way to move print limit in flexisign 8.6 to make sure plotter will pick up the marks on left side

I`m obviously printing to wide but only with multiple decals ...

Thanks in advance

Type 2 marks take less room than type 1. Other than that, shrug.

You need at least a couple of inches down each side.

If you want to increase the left margin on your print just tell Flexi that your media is a couple of inches narrower than it really is.

Fuzzbuster

I`ll try that

I was just trying to get as much as i could with a multiple panel print & cut

Give you some feedback this afternoon

omgsideburns

On 54 in material i try not to print my reg marks wider than 50. you need a good inch or so between the pinch roller and the mark, and you have to account for some skew on longer jobs.

Fuzzbuster

On 54 in material i try not to print my reg marks wider than 50. you need a good inch or so between the pinch roller and the mark, and you have to account for some skew on longer jobs.

Rite

I think thats whats hapening...

these are full 8 ft panels so.. there tracking a fair distance

Also having the same exact problem when printing ..multiples of smaller decals

Do you know of a way to set permanent margins(cut/print margins not media width) in flexi to avoid such cut problems??

gamerxr72

On our Graphtec FC7000-160 I routinely cut things that have Type 1 registration marks with 0.5 inches of space to the edge of the material which is generally 54".

I am sure I could do it with less than that.

If you want to squeek out an extra inch, set your "expand" under area parameters to something more than 0.

The cutter only reads the space between the rollers, and the expand option tells the machine that the material is actually X wider on both sides, X being what to set expand too. I use 0.20. Ive seen it read reg marks that are slightly under the rollers using this method.