• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec not recognizing where the pinch rollers are...

thinksigns

SnowFlake
After 9 years, I finally have an issue with my CE-2000-60. Suddenly, it can't recognize where the rollers are. It goes all the way to the end and sets off the position alarm.

Anybody have any thoughts?

CS-SignSupply

Reset the unit by Powering off, Push and hold down the UP Arrow while powering back on (continue to push the UP Arrow for 5 seconds after powering back on). Hit enter when prompted and try again.

CS-SignSupply

If it does not find either one of the pinch rollers, it is probably the trailing cable that connects the cuthead assembly to the mainboard...

Check to make sure the white data flex cable is securely inserted in the port on the cut control board (you will need to remove the top cover to access). Power off before moving this cable.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I got the same error.

I took the cover off and it looks like the cable is fine. Can you tell anything by these photos?

Attachments

• graph1.jpg
    graph1.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,126
  • graph2.jpg
    graph2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,368

CS-SignSupply

the small white data cable in the second picture does not look like it is completed inserted into the port... unplug power and push that cable in more.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I really appreciate your help with this.

I did that and still no go. Anything else to try or try again with that cable?

nopalito24

if it goes past the rollers eventually hitting the wall then you probably have a damaged push roller sensor which is located under the cutting heard. Try disableing the sensor by turning the ploter ON while pressing the DOWN arrow button, hit next and look for Y home or push roller, select disabled, ENTER then turn off then back on normal. sorry i'm not 100% sure but most Graphtecs have the option to disable the sensor so that you can still work. after you've done this you'll have place the tip of the blade at the origin point where you'll like to start the job, and make sure that the job is not bigger that the vinyl width because the plotter is now blind I guess you can say. oh yea, if you reset the plotter and then connect it and get an error 1 after sending a job, switch the command option to the option that is not selected: either HPGL or GPGL

woolly

my fc7000 intermittently failed to find the rollers after checking and cleaning the sensors changed the big main long ribbon cable and all was well.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
if it goes past the rollers eventually hitting the wall then you probably have a damaged push roller sensor which is located under the cutting heard. Try disableing the sensor by turning the ploter ON while pressing the DOWN arrow button, hit next and look for Y home or push roller, select disabled, ENTER then turn off then back on normal. sorry i'm not 100% sure but most Graphtecs have the option to disable the sensor so that you can still work. after you've done this you'll have place the tip of the blade at the origin point where you'll like to start the job, and make sure that the job is not bigger that the vinyl width because the plotter is now blind I guess you can say. oh yea, if you reset the plotter and then connect it and get an error 1 after sending a job, switch the command option to the option that is not selected: either HPGL or GPGL

I am now back up and running thanks to this. I missed this post the first time around, so thank you to woolly for posting yesterday. It is working "blind", but there were no repair costs.

Thank you nopalito24

:notworthy:

Shift Designs

i am dead in the water with a Q160, it will find some of the rollers but not all. If i move them mostly to the far right, it will find them all. Any Help is greatly appreciated.

gabagoo

I have never understood why it has to find the rollers..period!!!

I placed vinyl over my light sensors and then set the machine up every morning at the widest it can cut, then position the rollers anywhere I want all day with no issues.

OK sure if your half asleep and put a 30" roll in and try and cut 40" graphics you will have a problem, but seriously, are we not capable of thinking anymore?

I understand in this case you cant even get it to cut.... just say'n

huzefa

problem with plotting area

if it goeeverything works e rollers eventually hitting the wall then you probably have a damaged push roller sensor which is located under the cutting heard. Try disableing the sensor by turning the ploter ON while pressing the DOWN arrow button, hit next and look for Y home or push roller, select disabled, ENTER then turn off then back on normal. sorry i'm not 100% sure but most Graphtecs have the option to disable the sensor so that you can still work. after you've done this you'll have place the tip of the blade at the origin point where you'll like to start the job, and make sure that the job is not bigger that the vinyl width because the plotter is now blind I guess you can say. oh yea, if you reset the plotter and then connect it and get an error 1 after sending a job, switch the command option to the option that is not selected: either HPGL or GPGL
After disabling the y home sensor everthing works fine, but my plotting area width decreases to 22.8 inches or 580mm but my plotter could originally cut till 48 inches, is there a way to change the width of plotting area ? I was able to change the page length but there is no way to change the width, please help I am stuck

The Rock Lady

problem with plotting area

After disabling the y home sensor everthing works fine, but my plotting area width decreases to 22.8 inches or 580mm but my plotter could originally cut till 48 inches, is there a way to change the width of plotting area ? I was able to change the page length but there is no way to change the width, please help I am stuck

The Rock Lady

I am having the same problem with my Graphtec FC7000 Mk2. I disabled the sensor but now the cut width has been reduced by a good 8". I've even changed the width of my media in the settings to no avail. And of course,I can not get any help from Graphtec as the plotter is no longer supported by them.

Ryan Ramlal

Illumination
I am having the same problem with my Graphtec FC7000 Mk2. I disabled the sensor but now the cut width has been reduced by a good 8". I've even changed the width of my media in the settings to no avail. And of course,I can not get any help from Graphtec as the plotter is no longer supported by them.

Hello, Did you resolve the issue ? I am having issues with my Graphtec FC7000-160 (Pinch Roller Sensor Disabled which changes the cut size, Pen stuck in down or up position sometimes) Local dealer suggested that I replace the main data cable from the main board to the carriage assembly. I am having a difficult time sourcing the Main ribbon Data cable.

The Rock Lady

Hello, Did you resolve the issue ? I am having issues with my Graphtec FC7000-160 (Pinch Roller Sensor Disabled which changes the cut size, Pen stuck in down or up position sometimes) Local dealer suggested that I replace the main data cable from the main board to the carriage assembly. I am having a difficult time sourcing the Main ribbon Data cable.
Ryan I doubt very seriously that you will be able to find any replacement parts for this plotter as it has been discontinued for 10 years. I was able thank goodness to solve the problem that I was having. What size is your plotter?