• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec Only Reading Between 1st & 2nd Pinch Rollers

AnthonyRalano

I have a Graphtec fc5100-75. I was plotting vinyl when the whole thing powered down. It would not turn on. I did a up arrow and power button reset. Amazingly enough, it power on and I set it to inches. I am using Flexisign 8.1. The plotter will read the width between the pinch rollers and display on the Graphtec. In Flexi Production Manager, the only way I can get it to work is by setting the pinch rollers on the first and second spots. Anything past that and send is greyed out. I tried reinstalling Flexi and reinstalling Graphtec Drivers. This is a home plotter, not my work plotter. But still, I would like it to cut more than 10". Any help would be great.

Steven Ayvar

Hi I'm Steve
I have a Graphtec fc5100-75. I was plotting vinyl when the whole thing powered down. It would not turn on. I did a up arrow and power button reset. Amazingly enough, it power on and I set it to inches. I am using Flexisign 8.1. The plotter will read the width between the pinch rollers and display on the Graphtec. In Flexi Production Manager, the only way I can get it to work is by setting the pinch rollers on the first and second spots. Anything past that and send is greyed out. I tried reinstalling Flexi and reinstalling Graphtec Drivers. This is a home plotter, not my work plotter. But still, I would like it to cut more than 10". Any help would be great.

I have a graphtec fc 8600, which gives you the option to read outside the pinch rollers (around .25in). Hopefully you can dig through the settings and find something useful.

zillion29

When the main board in our 8600 went last month, this was one of the symptoms. It ceased recognizing anything outside the first two rollers and only if they were inside that same approximate distance.